Optimizing website content is now far more than adding suitable keywords. Creators now have the task of offering content that is fun and engaging to read while providing detailed information about the topic.
Content optimization tools have become an integral asset for digital marketers. Clearscope is among the best choices, but some users might find it expensive or tricky to learn. That’s why we are presenting the top ten Clearscope alternatives that will help create top-quality content!
Consideration of Key Factors for Clearscope Alternatives Selection
If you’re wondering how we picked the best Cleascope alternatives, here’s the list of factors we assessed during the process:
- Content editor. Clearscope’s main benefit is assisting in the content creation process. Its editor helps develop content briefs and outlines by suggesting optimal word count and phrases to use while also checking readability and grading the content quality.
- Integrations. You can connect Clearscope with Google Docs and also use it as a WordPress plugin.
- Content reports. It’s possible to get detailed insights on a phrase or keyword used in a search page, as well as customize the reports to your requirements.
- Other SEO tools. Clearscope isn’t exactly an all-around SEO platform, and some users might be looking for more comprehensive replacements.
- Pricing. Clearscope subscriptions start at $170 monthly, and you have the option of customizing your plan.
After assessing the above-mentioned factors and other relevant SEO features, we selected the following tools as the best replacements for Clearscope!
List of Top Tools
Here’s a quick overview of the best Clearscope alternatives:
- SE Ranking. It’s the only Clearscope competitor that provides an AI-powered content assistant together with all-around tools that cover all your SEO needs.
- Copywritely. It offers wateriness and keyword stuffing metrics, along with a helpful content optimizer.
- WriterZen. This tool is an excellent choice for topic discovery and keyword research.
- Content Harmony. The best pick if you also need image and video content analysis, along with decent content optimization tools.
- Frase. It’s an affordable option with additional SEO metrics like backlinks and domain authority data.
- Surfer SEO. It uses AI to analyze over 300,000 words to create a top-quality article without involving a human writer.
- Scalenut. This Clearscope alternative offers traffic analysis as a bonus to the content optimization tools.
- MarketMuse. It’s the best choice for advanced users and teams working on content optimization for clients.
- Dashword. It offers an incredibly intuitive content builder that’s easy to use for beginners.
- Usetopic. The modern interface and fast outline creation are the two most attractive features of this tool.
1. SE Ranking
SE Ranking is a modern SEO tool with attractive visuals and an intuitive and user-friendly interface. It’s also an excellent Clearscope alternative for content optimization. It all starts by analyzing the existing organic content in search engines to suggest optimal parameters for your text, including the recommended word count, number of headings, paragraphs, and images.
The platform will provide a comprehensive list of the most suitable terms to use. SE Ranking also uses the NLP technique, which analyzes other relevant texts to collect suitable phrases for your content. You can check each phrase suggested easily in the content editor by clicking on it to see the Search Volume, Difficulty, Importance, and other metrics.
You can create a unique outline by choosing competitors’ subheadings or adding yours. If you are assigning tasks to the writing staff, SE Ranking allows leaving comments in the brief. Once the content is ready, SE Ranking provides an overall score, which is a simple but useful metric to determine if your text meets the preferred requirements.
Another reason why we picked SE Ranking to be the top Clearscope alternative is the range of other SEO tools available. You can use a reliable rank tracker to monitor your performance in Google, Bing, and Yahoo search engines. Detailed competitive analysis will tell you everything about your rivals, from the keywords they use to traffic information. The backlink checker and monitor will ensure your link profile is at an optimal level, while local marketing tools allow placing focus on a particular area and managing customer reviews from a single dashboard.
SE Ranking has excellent integration capabilities. You can connect it to Zapier, Google Looker Studio and other platforms. Extensive reporting options will ensure you get all the useful data regularly and deliver it to clients on time.
SE Ranking offers a Content Marketing add-on, which includes a content idea finder, a comprehensive editor to prepare texts, running AI writer when you need writing assistance, and plagiarism checks. Here are the prices depending on the credits:
- 15 articles monthly. You also get 25,000 AI words and three plagiarism checks, and the price is $29 each month.
- 30 articles monthly. If you pay $49 each month, you get 50,000 words written by the AI writer and five plagiarism checks.
- 120 articles monthly. The most comprehensive package includes 250,000 AI words and ten plagiarism checks.
To activate this add-on, you need to sign up for a basic SE Ranking subscription. It costs from $55 monthly for the Essential package to $239 monthly for the Business plan. These subscriptions include all-around SEO tools, from a rank tracker and keyword research to a site audit and backlink checker.
You qualify for a 20% discount for any subscription and the content marketing add-on if you pay annually. SE Ranking also offers a two-week free trial for new users.
SE Ranking is the best Clearscope alternative because it exceeds expectations as a content optimization tool and an SEO platform that helps improve your brand’s visibility. You get a versatile content editor, along with an AI writer, that helps throughout the entire process, from finding ideas to writing texts. SE Ranking also offers a variety of SEO monitoring and research, making it a great value for money for beginners, experts, and teams.
Copywritely is a Clearscope alternative specializing in helping optimize content. The platform will analyze your content and suggest improvements that could help optimize the page in SERPs better. Copywritely comes with an online editor that makes it easy to follow the specified recommendations and make the necessary changes.
The tool comes with an SEO content checker that analyzes SERPs looking for the most suitable rival content on the given topic. That results in identifying keywords that are suitable for your text. Copywritely can serve as a tool that helps prepare tasks for copywriters and automates the process of working with them.
Copywritely can detect plagiarism and keyword stuffing, as well as show the wateriness metric. This Clearscope competitor has support for nine languages, ranging from English and French to Swedish and Dutch. You also get access to an article rewriter, which is quite basic and has room for improvement. It’s positive that Copywritely is easy to use, making it suitable for beginners.
Copywritely charges based on the pages you plan to check for search optimization and content quality. You can pick from 11 default options, and some examples are below:
- 50 pages – $29 monthly
- 100 pages – $49 monthly
- 500 pages – $150 monthly
- 5,000 pages – $1,250 monthly
Annual subscriptions secure a 20% discount, and Copywritely offers a free trial of its services.
Copywritely is the best Clearscope alternative for those focusing on content optimization. It can help perfect your existing texts by providing useful suggestions. The online editor is simple to use, and although the platform focuses on experienced professionals, Copywritely’s pricing also makes it suitable for beginners.
WriterZen is the next in line of suggested Clearscope alternatives, and it covers the entire process of content optimization. It starts with research, which includes keyword explorer and topic discovery tools. The tool offers the so-called Wildcard search, which looks deep for intents why users looked for a specific phrase in search engines. Its Golden Filter focuses on identifying phrases that are gems in terms of high value and low competition. Topic discovery makes finding topic clusters and building a content strategy faster.
The next step is planning, and WriterZen assists in managing keyword lists. You can easily analyze or import phrases and put them in clusters. As for the execution, this Clearscope alternative also has a content assistant. It’s user-friendly and features a great way to streamline content workflow. You can share access and invite copywriters with limited permissions.
The tool helps build an outline based on the analyzed competitor and opportunity phrases. WriterZen uses Google’s NLP bots to collect suitable terms based on user intent. If you happen to come across writer’s block, the AI assistant can prepare anything from the outline to the whole article. Finally, the plagiarism checker will ensure the content is unique.
You can pick between four different plans:
- Cluster Only. You only pay $23 monthly for 30,000 keyword credits and 50 lists.
- Cluster & Research. For $69 monthly, you get 30,000 keyword credits, 50 lists, as well as extras like an unlimited keyword lookup, keyword golden filter, and revenue forecast.
- Cluster & Content. It costs the same as the previous plan – $69 monthly. Its extras are different since you get 100 content briefs monthly, unlimited plagiarism checks and AI writing.
- All in one. Apart from 50,000 keyword credits and 100 lists, you get everything included in the previous two packages, along with the Topic Discovery features, such as trending topics and headline recommendations. The price is $119 per month.
Annual pricing secures a 30% discount, and you can sign up via the WriterZen free trial.
WriterZen is at the top of Clearscope alternatives for topic discovery and keyword research. The content creator includes an AI assistant, which simplifies the entire process, although it doesn’t reach the level of human-grade writing.
3. Content Harmony
Content Harmony offers an article creation process that begins with providing a detailed keyword report for the chosen term. The results will include metrics like the primary intent, search volume, and content difficulty rating.
From there, you can proceed to the content brief. The platform will show the title, URL, word count, and other details, and it’s up to you to customize all the details or choose the template. You can see the suggested outline, and it’s also easy to leave notes to writers.
Sharing briefs in Content Harmony is possible in read-only or edit modes. The content grader will estimate readability and content rating and provide an overview of the recommended keywords you entered. Other useful features of this Clearscope alternative include visual and video content analysis, which is important because optimizing your content involves more than words.
The price depends on the content workflows you want per month, with Content Harmony offering the following options:
- Five content workflows – $50 monthly
- 12 content workflows – $99 monthly
- 50 content workflows – $299 monthly
- 200+ content workflows – starting at $1,000 monthly
You get rollover credits, as well as unlimited users and credits with every plan. The platform offers the first ten briefs for only $10 as a trial. Annual subscriptions qualify you for discounts.
Content Harmony is worth mentioning among the alternatives to Clearscope because it provides a detailed keyword report along with extensive image and video content analysis. It’s missing advanced AI writing tools, but it’s a great asset to prepare and optimize your texts.
Frase focuses on ease of use, making it one of the most user-friendly Clearscope alternatives. You can see how the process is intuitive from the first step since a simple research panel helps analyze the content published by your competitors. The tool promises to scan everything and create a brief in only six seconds, which is impressive.
You can pick from multiple heading options when creating an outline. All suggestions come from rival articles, and the drag-and-drop editor works like a charm. AI can help generate heading suggestions when you don’t feel the existing ones are suitable.
Frase encourages teamwork and offers an option to share editable links for documents while enabling the sorting of all documents into folders. At this point, the tool supports content optimization in eight languages. However, some Frase alternatives might do a better job for other languages than English.
Frase subscription choices are in the list below:
- Solo. The cost is $14.99 monthly and includes writing and optimizing four articles during that time.
- Basic. At the price of $44.99 monthly, you can write and optimize up to 30 articles.
- Team. The price is $114.99 monthly, and you get three user seats, along with unlimited articles to write and optimize.
The trial isn’t free but costs $1 for five days. Annual payments for premium plans secure a significant discount. Frase has a Pro add-on with premium features like keyword search volume, SERP data enrichment, and an AI writer.
Frase offers an affordable Clearscope alternative, especially if you don’t create loads of articles monthly. If you do, the higher subscription cost is justified by excellent collaboration features. Frase also has an add-on that includes SEO features like backlink and domain authority data, as well as keyword search volume. That makes it a tool suitable for more than content optimization.
5. Surfer SEO
The platform created an advanced Surfer AI tool, which promises to get an entire article ready in less than 20 minutes. It all starts by entering the desired keyword and then adjusting the article settings.
Those adjustments include the desired tone of voice, structure sections like FAQ and key takeaways to include, as well as the article template. It’s a bit disappointing that “key takeaways” is wrongly spelled, at least in the screenshot on the webpage, as that makes you wonder whether to look for Surfer SEO alternatives.
If you stick to this tool, you can review the article outline in the next step. Once you are happy with the outline, proceed to the writing section. The tool promises to analyze more than 300,000 words to create a top-quality article.
You can also use Surfer SEO to write articles yourself. This Clearscope alternative has similar features, such as the content rating and the preferred keywords to include. You can use the plagiarism checker, and the Surfer SEO integrations will positively surprise you. The tool works with Jasper, Google Docs, and WordPress. Keyword research and existing article audits are extra tools, and you can use a free Keyword Surfer extension and an AI outline generator.
Here are the subscription details for Surfer SEO:
- Essential. For $89 monthly, you can create up to 15 articles in the content editor and get two user seats.
- Advanced. You receive five user seats and 45 content editor texts for $179 monthly.
- Max. The price is $299 monthly and includes 90 articles for the content editor and ten user seats.
There’s an Enterprise package with custom pricing if you don’t find any of the above subscriptions suitable. You can save up to $600 if you pay annually.
Surfer SEO might not be the most comprehensive alternative to Clearscope, but it does offer value for money if you don’t need a dedicated writer. Its AI writing is impressive, and additional features like keyword research and existing article audits add to that value.
Scalenut is our next candidate on the list of top Clearscope alternatives, and its Cruise Mode is the most interesting feature. It only takes less than five minutes to create articles that contain 1,500 words or more. All content is based on detailed research and includes NLP terms, which means it considers user intent behind the searches.
Content optimization on Scalenut is also AI-powered, and it’s an excellent way to increase the return on investment without spending extra. The topic cluster tool helps build your content strategy. You only need to enter the desired key phrase and location, and you’ll get a detailed cluster report.
Another advantage of Scalenut as an alternative to Clearscope is its traffic analyzer. It provides metrics like average ranking position, traffic details, and CTR. You’ll also see top pages and new SERP rankings, along with the biggest gainers and losers compared to previous rankings.
You can test Scalenut with a 7-day free trial, and here are the premium subscription details for monthly payments:
- Essential. For $39, you get five articles from the Article writer, along with 100,000 AI words.
- Growth. The cost is $79 and includes 30 articles in the article writer and unlimited AI words, with the latter also being a part of the more expensive plans.
- Pro. For $149, you get 75 articles for the Article writer and access for one additional user.
You can save significantly with annual payments, and there’s an option to contact the company to create a custom plan for you.
Scalenut is among the rare direct Clearscope competitors that offer traffic analysis. It’s an additional feature available on top of the existing content optimization tools, including an AI writer. While it’s not the most comprehensive solution, Scalenut can be a decent choice for beginners and small businesses.
MarketMuse offers a detailed competitive analysis with an attractive visual presentation. You can see top rivals’ content scores and keywords used for the chosen topic, which is great for finding blind spots and identifying the right structure to rank.
It’s not the only reason why MarketMuse earns a place in the top Clearscope alternatives. You can also analyze competitor clusters or focus on what you missed in yours. The tool analyzes the content of the entire site and identifies which pages you could improve.
MarketMuse states that their AI analyzes up to thousands of pages when creating a topic model. It uses natural language processing to ensure the briefs are relevant and professional and are not stuffed with unnecessary content. You can do everything from creating an outline to requesting content improvements or grammar analysis from the tool.
MarketMuse has a free plan with ten monthly queries and limited page-level insights. Paid subscriptions include the following options:
- Standard. For $149 monthly, you get full page-level insights and 100 monthly queries.
- Team. You get access for three users and unlimited queries and briefs for $399 monthly.
You can contact the company for a customized Premium subscription. As usual, with these tools, annual payments qualify you for a discount.
MarketMuse is among the top alternatives to Clearscope for advanced users and those building a content strategy. From keyword research that analyzes different metrics like keyword difficulty to a clustering tool, you’ll find many features useful. It’s also simple to make content briefs, especially since the tool analyzes loads of data from SERP results.
Dashword delivers detailed content reports after you enter the desired search phrase and market, with its engine supporting searching in several countries. It takes a while to create a content report, but the details are comprehensive. It’s worth noting you can use the keyword research if you need more suggestions. The statistics will provide ideas, along with monthly searches, CPC, and competition metrics.
Once you enter the content brief, it will take a while to find your way. Dashword will offer a detailed analysis of top-ranked content, along with outlines of the pages it singled out. It’s easy to click on a specific heading and add it to the outline. You can get title ideas from the AI, which is convenient.
Dashword has a dedicated FAQ tab that identifies the top questions related to the chosen term. You can also see a detailed keyword list, but a huge advantage is the Link tab. It lists all the links competitors used, so you can find out which pages they use as references. You can use them yourself as a resource for your content or discover more about the text you are writing about. Once the brief is done, you can share the link with the writer. The link will contain the brief, word count, title, and keywords.
You get a free report after registering with Dashword. The premium pricing includes:
- Startup. You get five user seats, 30 content reports, and 100K words for the AI writer. The price is $99 monthly.
- Business. The cost is $349 monthly and includes ten user seats, 100 content reports, unlimited AI writing, and content monitoring.
Annual payments secure a 20% discount.
Dashword might be the most intuitive outline builder for those who don’t want AI assistance. It will analyze competitor pages and show detailed outlines to help you create the desired structure. Among other things, this Clearscope alternative also lists links that the rivals included, which is great if you plan on adding external links to your article.
9. Use Topic
Use Topic has an approach similar to most Clearscope alternatives since it asks you to enter your post’s focus keyword first. The tool will then analyze the top three pages (30 results) in the Google search engine to identify the phrases, questions, and headings worth entering into your article.
The outline builder takes over, and you can use the drag-and-drop editor to modify the brief. If it’s necessary Use Topic AI can revise the headings and come up with new suggestions. After you create the text, the Content Grader will rate it and suggest what you can improve.
Use Topic is compatible with Google Docs and WordPress and provides support and geo-targeting for five languages, including English, German, French, Portuguese, and Italian. The sharing options optimize collaboration with writers.
Here are the subscription details:
- Starter. For $99 monthly, you get ten content briefs and optimizations.
- Plus. You get access for free users and unlock up to 25 content briefs and optimizations for $199 monthly.
- Premium. For $299 monthly, you can create and optimize up to 50 articles monthly, and you also unlock access for five users.
Annual payments come with a 20% discount.
Use Topic is among the top Clearscope alternatives if you are looking for the fastest outline creation. The tool provides a list of questions to answer and utilizes semantic similarity when writing the article in the Content Grader. A modern interface is another reason why it’s worth trying Use Topic.
That concludes our list of the best Clearscope alternatives, and the key takeaway is that you can pick from two roads. The first one is to get an all-around SEO tool that includes a helpful AI-powered content editor, but also all other features like keyword research, rank tracking, competitive analysis, and local marketing. If that’s the path to go, you should choose SE Ranking.
Alternatively, you might be looking for an alternative to Clearscope that focuses on content optimization. If that’s the case, you can’t go wrong with Frase, Surfer SEO, or Use Topic. Just thin