SpyFu is an SEO marketing suite launched in 2005. It has a reputable client list that includes brands like Microsoft, Amazon, and Adobe. The platform offers extensive SEO tools ranging from rank tracking and competitor analysis to keyword research and PPC tools, as well as extensive reporting options.
You might need a tool more suitable to your needs or don’t enjoy the interface and how everything works. For whatever reason, you are interested in SpyFu alternatives, and we present them below. Keep reading to check out the top ten choices and their detailed feature and pricing information!
Consideration of Key Factors for SpyFu Alternatives Selection
Here are the areas we carefully observed when browsing SEO tools for the best SpyFu alternatives:
- SEO features. SpyFu offers a variety of tools, ranging from keyword research and SERP analysis to domain comparison and competitor analysis, as well as backlink building and rank-tracking. A potential alternative should provide decent SEO value to compete with this platform.
- PPC. Pay-per-click advertising is SpyFu’s expertise. You get access to the Google Ads Advisor and templates, and it’s possible to check advertisement history, so PPC features are expected from SpyFu competitors, too.
- Reporting. White-label reports are desirable because they make your team and brand look more professional. The more customization options, the higher the chance to tailor a report to particular client requirements.
- Pricing. Premium plans for SpyFu start at $39 monthly, and you get a discount for yearly payments. We searched for alternatives that match the affordability or offer excellent value for money despite higher prices.
List of Top Tools
Here’s a quick overview of the top SpyFu alternatives currently available:
- SE Ranking. It’s the best all-around software suite available, covering all areas from keyword research to rank tracking and local marketing management.
- Ahrefs. The platform has the most active web crawler and an extensive tool selection packed in a user-friendly interface.
- Ubersuggest. It’s a budget-friendly solution tailored to individuals, beginners, and those not looking for advanced SEO solutions.
- Semrush. A large database combined with over 55 tools available makes this platform attractive for teams and agencies.
- Advanced Web Ranking. It has extensive rank-monitoring options covering over 4,000 search engines in 170+ countries.
- Moz Pro. A high-end tool suitable for advanced professionals and those who don’t mind paying a bit extra for an all-in-one SEO platform.
- Raven Tools. An affordable solution with impressive reporting capabilities.
- Mangools. An entry-range SEO platform with a modern design and a user-friendly interface.
- Ranktracker. It supports over 107,000 rank-tracking locations worldwide.
- Majestic. A great choice for users who need in-depth link data.
In the following sections, you’ll find detailed reviews of these platforms to make it easier to pick your favorite!
SE Ranking excels in SEO monitoring features, specializing in rank racking. The platform supports Google, Yahoo, and Bing for rank checking, and the results show search visibility rating and position distribution. The data is well-sorted and updated daily, so you can always have the latest ranking info about the tracked keywords.
The website crawler can collect information about up to 1,000 pages in two minutes, displaying all important data in a single dashboard. SE Ranking offers basic domain metrics, such as validity and expiration dates. Technical site audit analyzes dozens of factors, ranging from redirects and HTTP status codes to duplicate content and metadata inconsistencies. You’ll even receive a short guide on how to fix every detected issue.
On-page SEO checker and backlink monitor round up the monitoring features offered by SE Ranking. The keyword suggestion tool is another reason why this platform is the best SpyFu alternative. You will get thorough keyword analysis, including PPC estimation and keyword difficulty rating. Suggestions are divided across similar and related phrases, questions, and low-search volume terms.
SE Ranking can help identify content ideas and offers a text editor that will guide you throughout the creation process. That includes AI-powered suggestions when building outlines and an actual AI writer with content and quality score ratings. Local marketing management and scheduled white-label reports are other features that you should consider in this SpyFu alternative.
SE Ranking offers honest pricing and different subscription options, including the following:
- Essential. The cost is $55 monthly, and a single seat indicates the plan is tailored for beginners and individuals. You can track 750 keywords and schedule five reports for automatic sending.
- Pro. Three user seats are available for $109 monthly, making this plan suitable for small teams. It includes 2,000 trackable keywords and 20 scheduled reports.
- Business. It costs $239 monthly to unlock five user seats, indicating this option is suitable for businesses and agencies. You can track 5,000 keywords, schedule 50 reports, and access the API feature.
Annual pricing will save 20% compared to the prices above. SE Ranking offers a free trial that lasts for two weeks and doesn’t require a credit card.
Extra options are available but will cost more. Local marketing costs $7+ monthly, while the content creation toolkit is priced at $29+ monthly, depending on the features selected. A special Agency Pack with white-label reporting and lead generation widget is only available with annual Pro and Business plans.
SE Ranking is a reliable tool with detailed statistics regarding rank checking in different search engines. But that’s only a start because this platform also offers extensive keyword research, site audit, and content creation features. That doesn’t make SE Ranking only the best SpyFu alternative but a preferred platform for all users looking for an all-in-one software suite.
Tests indicate that AhrefsBot is the most active crawler and one that’s been gathering information from the internet 24/7 since 2010. If you need a comprehensive database and accurate and regularly updated SEO intel, Ahrefs is the best SpyFu alternative.
It all begins with the site explorer, a tool that offers detailed insights into organic and paid traffic and the backlink structure of any URL or website. If you need keyword ideas, you can enter the seed term and use the keyword explorer to receive thousands of suggestions. They are grouped into different sections, such as “questions,” “terms match,” and “also rank for.”
Ahrefs has a site audit tool with the best presentation among all SpyFu competitors. Exhaustive data is also available in rank-tracking, and you can quickly check any changes in rankings across Google mobile and desktop search results in 190+ countries.
Social media and local marketing management are missing, and that is why you might look at Ahrefs alternatives. Other than that, this is a powerful SEO platform suitable for teams and advanced professionals.
These are the details of each Ahrefs premium plan:
- Lite. Priced at $99 monthly, this plan offers six months of point-in-time comparisons and 750 tracked keywords.
- Standard. It costs $199 monthly to secure access to the content explorer features (also available in more expensive plans) and get two years of point-in-time comparisons and 2,000 trackable keywords.
- Advanced. This plan is priced at $399 monthly and supports 5,000 trackable keywords and five years of point-in-time comparisons. It also grants Looker Studio integration and access to Web Explorer, which are also available in the Enterprise plan.
- Enterprise. The cost starts at $999 monthly, and this plan can be tailored to your team’s plans. The default option includes 10,000 trackable keywords, API access, and unlimited point-in-time comparisons.
You can get two months for free if you pay for an annual subscription. Some features, such as daily ranking updates, are charged extra.
Ahrefs is a powerful SpyFu alternative with a modern design and well-organized interface. The dashboard features a convenient overview of projects with the basic metrics and the latest changes. From there, you can access all-around SEO tools suitable for individuals and teams. The only downside is that report sharing is a feature that is yet to be implemented in Ahrefs.
Ubersuggest belongs to the group of SEO platforms owned by Neil Patel. Once he acquired it, the idea was to make SEO tools accessible to everyone. Today, Ubersuggest has a decent selection of utilities, starting from a domain overview with paid and organic keywords and estimated traffic information.
You can run the keyword research tool to receive suggestions and check the traffic, CPC, and ranking difficulty statistics for each term. Although the database isn’t as extensive as in some Ubersuggest alternatives, this tool offers a convenient top pages report, which helps identify the best-ranked pages of your competitors for the chosen phrases.
Ubersuggest offers daily rank tracking updates and weekly crawling frequency when performing site audits automatically. Analyzing backlink data is another option offered by this SpyFu alternative, and you can even check content pieces with the highest social engagement. It’s an excellent place to start looking for topics that the community finds most attractive.
Ubersuggest is the only SpyFu competitor with the option to buy a lifetime license for its plans, apart from the standard monthly subscription. Here’s an overview of the plans:
- Individual. You get it for $12 monthly or $120 lifetime. It includes a single project, 150 Chrome extension searches, and an analysis of up to five competitors.
- Business. For $20 monthly or $200 for a lifetime, you can manage up to seven sites, execute 300 Chrome extension searches and analyze up to ten competitors.
- Enterprise / Agency. You pay $40 monthly or $400 per lifetime to create up to 15 projects and analyze up to 15 competitors. The package also includes 900 Chrome extension searches.
Each Ubersuggest plan comes with a seven-day free trial.
Ubersuggest is an entry-level SEO tool and one of the most affordable SpyFu alternatives. It focuses on delivering useful information at a low price, making the platform attractive for beginners and those on a tight budget. Ubersuggest offers keyword research, competitive analysis, rank tracking, and backlink data, and although its database isn’t the largest, it’s undoubtedly an all-around SEO platform.
Semrush is the best SpyFu competitor for marketing and advertising experts, especially reputable companies that don’t mind the high price tag. It offers special PPC keyword tools that can search for CPC data and local search volume and make organizing key phrases a breeze.
An advanced keyword analysis is available via the Keyword Magic tool, which will offer many related phrase suggestions and can also look for gaps compared to terms used by your rivals. Some Semrush alternatives might be easier to use, but not many platforms will perform such an extensive site audit. Other technical tools, such as the on-page SEO checker, will also assist in optimizing your website pages.
Semrush offers daily rank updates for the chosen keywords. The platform can help analyze your or competitors’ backlink profiles to see what can be done to boost domain authority. Semrush is a great alternative to SpyFu for local business listing and social media profile management. These tools ensure you don’t miss a single important review or detail that could harm your reputation and customer relationship.
Three basic plans offered by Semrush include the following:
- Pro. You can make up to five projects and use 500 requests to Analytics reports daily, as well as access domain, keyword and backlink analytics for $129.95 monthly.
- Guru. You unlock access to content marketing and Looker Studio integration (also in the Business plan). The plan also includes 5,000 Analytics reports daily and historical data information for $249.95 monthly.
- Business. The most comprehensive package unlocks API access and grants 10,000 Analytics reports daily for $499.95 monthly.
You can save up to 17% with annual subscriptions. There’s a very limited free plan, and all premium subscriptions can be tried for free. Many Semrush add-ons are, however, charged extra, such as Local, Trends, and Social tools.
Not many SpyFu alternatives have such a large database with so many tools available as Semrush. It’s an advanced SEO platform suitable for teams and advanced online marketing professionals who can afford to pay a bit extra for a top-quality service.
Advanced Web Ranking
Advanced Web Ranking has been around since 2002, making it one of the longest-running SpyFu alternatives. The tool specializes in rank-tracking and supports YouTube, Bing, Amazon, Yahoo, Naver, Baidu, and other platforms. You can check ranks in 4,000+ search engines, with pixel position, SERP feature and other advanced analyses. AWP also tracks all SERP features and provides detailed reports.
While discussing reporting, let’s mention that the WYSIWYG editor features over 100 widgets to add or remove to customized reports. You can add personal notes to help clients understand the results displayed in beautiful graphs and charts. That customization level makes AWR a viable SpyFu alternative for agencies that inform clients about progress regularly.
It’s noticeable that detailed backlink analysis is missing, and Advanced Web Ranking alternatives might be a better choice there. However, extensive competitive tools will help you understand the rival landscape better and ensure you discover emerging competitors as soon as they appear. AWM offers different difficulty metrics for the URL, domain, and content. Keyword research offers detailed insights, and analyzing top sites in the search results assists in finding new topics for your site.
Let’s check the premium plans offered by Advanced Web Ranking:
- Pro. It costs $99 monthly to track 7,000 keywords with weekly updates and receive a single forecast per project.
- Agency. The price is $199 monthly, and you can track 14,500 keywords and receive unlimited forecasts. The package also includes white-label reports and fast 1-hour updates, just like the more expensive plans.
- Enterprise. Apart from tracking 35,500 keywords, you’ll benefit from unlimited history access and priority support.
- Custom. It starts at $700 monthly but increases if you need more than 50,000 keywords. A dedicated account manager, security audits, and other premium features are included.
A 30-day trial is possible without adding a credit card. Annual subscriptions secure a 10% discount.
Advanced Web Ranking is the top SpyFu competitor for detailed ranking statistics and monitoring. With over 4,000 search engines and over 170 countries supported and fast and accurate updates, you’ll stay on top of all ranking changes. Add the extensive competitor analysis and reporting, and you’ll see that this tool offers great value for the money.
Moz Pro has a selection of free tools available to all users. For example, domain analysis will help you learn more about the domain authority and top pages, while the MozBar Chrome extension provides useful insights while browsing the web.
It’s the premium features that put Moz Pro among the best alternatives to SpyFu. The keyword explorer estimates keyword difficulty, organic CTR, and competitiveness and provides estimates about the search volume with 95% accuracy. User-friendly keyword lists make managing all phrases a simple task.
Rank tracking shows positions for searches with mobile and desktop devices, and you can also focus on local or national levels. The site crawler promises to be faster than Moz Pro alternatives, and it performs automatic weekly audits to notify you about new issues.
On-page optimization shows recommendations for the most important fixes, as well as content suggestions. Extensive link research tools and customized reports with pre-made templates available are other notable Moz Pro features.
Moz Pro has the following premium plans:
- Standard. You can launch three campaigns and execute 300 keyword rankings for $99 monthly.
- Medium. This plan, and more expensive subscriptions, include report templates and branded reporting, You also get 1,500 trackable keywords and up to ten campaigns for $179 monthly.
- Large. For $299 monthly, you can launch up to 25 campaigns and track up to 3,000 keywords.
- Premium. This subscription unlocks access to the Speed Crawl feature and supports tracking up to 3,000 keywords across 50 different campaigns.
The platform offers yearly payments with a 20% discount, and a 30-day trial is a great way to try the service.
Moz Pro isn’t only high on the list of the best SpyFu alternatives but also one of the favorite SEO tools for industry professionals. A huge database, nicely optimized interface, and beautiful visual presentation will ensure you find the desired information in seconds. The price tag, however, makes Moz more suitable for companies and teams.
At Raven Tools, they are aware their database isn’t the most extensive one. But here is the trick – they rely on Majestic and Moz to provide the most comprehensive insights, making them one of the best SpyFu alternatives available.
Rank-tracking on Raven Tools is supported for Yahoo, Google, Yandex, Baidu, and Bing. You can search based on zip code, device type, or language. Competitive research will show a detailed domain overview with site metrics, including domain authority, citation, and trust flow ratings.
Raven Tools backlink analysis combined with a link-building manager can help identify websites that present great link opportunities. Although the site audit might not have as detailed explanations as Raven Tools alternatives, it covers a huge majority of relevant issues. Ultimately, it’s the reporting features that make this platform stand out from the competition.
You can choose from five Raven Tools subscriptions, and here are the basic details:
- Small Biz. You get access to all features for $49 monthly, but limitations include ten Link Spy reports and 50K monthly page crawls.
- Start. The subscription secures 20 Link Spy reports and 400K page crawls monthly for $109 monthly.
- Grow. For $199 monthly, you increase the Link Spy reports available to 30 while you also get two million monthly page crawls.
- Thrive. With five million page crawls and 40 Link Spy reports monthly, this deal sounds attractive at $299 monthly.
- Lead. You unlock seven million monthly page crawls and 50 Link Spy reports for $479 monthly.
Raven Tools will offer up to a 30% discount for yearly payments, and there’s an option to test the platform for free.
At an affordable price, Raven Tools is a viable SpyFu competitor for those looking for an entry-level SEO tool with fantastic reporting capabilities. An intuitive drag-and-drop editor and dozens of summary pages and data modules, combined with scheduled white-label reports, are everything you need to impress clients with Raven Tools.
Mangools is a software suite with different tools and features that contribute to your website performance and SEO. Its database isn’t the largest, although it keeps growing. However, it’s the modern graphics and fine visual presentation that put Mangools among the best SpyFu alternatives.
The platform makes it easy to follow ranking positions with daily updates via the SERPWatcher. Pay attention to the Performance Index rating, which reveals the site’s organic traffic potential. If you need to dive into search results, use the SERP checker to identify top pages and discover how to outrank the competition.
Although the data offered isn’t of the same depth as when using Mangools alternatives, the LinkMiner covers all the basic backlink info. That includes analyzing new and lost links and assessing different link types. Finally, the KWFinder can look for keywords based on a domain or the seed phrase. The metrics include useful information like keyword difficulty, CPC, and estimated traffic volume.
Here’s an overview of the pricing packages for Mangools:
- Entry. The price tag is $29 monthly, and you can perform 25 keyword searches and analyze ten URLs in a day.
- Basic. For $49 monthly, you get access to 20 URL analyses and 100 keyword searches daily.
- Premium. It costs $69 monthly and includes 500 keyword searches and 70 site lookups daily.
- Agency. You get 150 sites and 1,200 keyword lookups daily for $129 monthly.
You will save approximately 35% if you choose annual payments. Mangools has a 48-hour money-back guarantee for new users.
Not many SpyFu alternatives are as affordable as Mangools. Even the most expensive packages are budget-friendly, and the platform has a beautiful design and a user-friendly interface. All that makes Mangools an excellent choice for beginners and teams who don’t need access to the most comprehensive SEO database but only require covering the basics.
RankTracker has extensive rank-monitoring features that cover many languages and locations worldwide. The tool supports Bing, Google, Yahoo, and Yandex and displays mobile and desktop ranks, as well as keyword difficulty and search volumes for tracked phrases. RankTracker will also analyze SERP features, making it one of the top SpyFu competitors to help use these elements to your advantage.
Keyword finder supports 67 countries and features a global search option or country-specific search volume statistics, as well as CPC and PPC details. RankTracker also has an AI article writer, which can help generate outlines and entire articles. It supports translating to 28 languages and ensures there are no plagiarism issues.
Compared to other RankTracker alternatives, the database with 2.6 trillion backlinks might not be the biggest. However, it still does a great job of providing detailed backlink analysis, including new and lost link data. Web audit and SERP checker are other RankTracker features worth mentioning, as well as on-demand CSV, Excel, and PDF reports for most utilities.
You can pick between these RankTracker premium subscriptions:
- Starter. The subscription costs $24 monthly and includes 100 trackable keywords and finder lookups each while granting access to two users who can create up to ten projects.
- Double Data. The plan, just like the more expensive ones, includes unlimited users and projects. You get 500 trackable keywords and finder lookups each for $59 monthly
- Quad Data. For $109 monthly, you get 1,000 trackable keywords and finder lookups each.
- Hex Data. The price is $209 monthly and unlocks access to 2,000 finder lookups, as well as 2,000 trackable keywords.
You save 20% if you pay annually, and new customers qualify for a 7-day free trial.
Tracking search engine positions is the strongest suit of RankTracker, and it’s why it stands out when compared to other SpyFu alternatives. You can monitor rankings in over 107,000 locations and also keep track of local GMP and Google Maps rankings.
Majestic stands out from other SpyFu alternatives because it offers two databases. The first one is the Fresh Index, which only focuses on data from the last 120 days. Historical Index is the alternative, and considering that Majestic was launched in 2006, it’s clear that this database is huge.
Unlike most Majestic alternatives, this tool focuses on link intelligence. You can see that by the in-depth data about backlinks when exploring a website. You’ll see citation flow but also trust flow for different topics. The Link Graph is a nice way to visually portray the data.
Majestic does well in the keyword research department. It can explore a domain or the chosen seed phrase. The information provided includes traffic volume and keyword difficulty while clicking on a phrase will generate 100 new related phrases to pick for your site.
Majestic has the following premium plans available:
- Lite. You get a million analysis units and access to the Fresh Index database for $49.99 monthly.
- Pro. The price is $99 monthly, and you can access the Fresh and Historic data index and use 20 million analysis units.
- API. The subscription is for five users, and it unlocks full API access. You can choose how many analysis units you need, with the pricing starting at $399. Monthly.
Annual payments secure a discount, and new customers qualify for a 7-day money-back guarantee.
Majestic specializes in providing in-depth link data, so if you are looking to optimize your backlink profile, this is an excellent choice. The Fresh Index is a nice touch, so Majestic is also the top SpyFu alternative for those who want to focus solely on data from the last four months.0
Do you already have a favorite from our list of the best SpyFu alternatives? As you can see, there are many tools specializing in certain areas. For example, Advanced Web Ranking is excellent for monitoring search engine positions, while Majestic specializes in link data.
Some platforms offer budget-friendly prices, such as Ubersuggest and Mangools. But if you need the most comprehensive data and a wide variety of SEO tools available at an affordable price tag, SE Ranking is the way to go. Make sure to test it to see why it tops our list of the best SpyFu competitors, and don’t hesitate to use the free trials to try other platforms, too!