Link building is a critical part of SEO to drive targeted traffic, boost organic rankings, and earn niche authority. Still, link building strategies are ever-changing in view of varying search engine algorithms and SEO trends. And leading the game means being able to keep up with these strategies. Now that SEO specialists have to go the extra mile to gain quality backlinks and can’t just add tons of links like they did previously, the process can be daunting and time-consuming. That’s why it makes sense to arm yourself with link building tools.
Not only does such software save precious time that can be used for more essential tasks, but it also supplies powerful links and enhances overall site optimization. But how do you know how to choose the right SEO link building tool for your business from the variety on the market? We have researched and compiled a list of the best link building and backlink analysis tools for SEO in 2023 to help you make an educated decision. Read to gain an in-depth understanding of each platform’s features, perks and downsides, and pricing so that you can choose an app that completely aligns with your SEO needs and goals.
What Are the Best Tools for Link Building?
In fact, there is no universal best link building tool that is suitable for all business levels. It depends on what SEO teams expect to get from the platform. That is to say, you should evaluate the app according to the following criteria to know if it’s suitable for you:
- Identifying link building opportunities to expand the site’s reach and raise its authority
- Backlink performance analysis
- Proficiency in auditing competitors’ backlink profiles
- Capabilities of driving powerful, high-quality backlinks
And though the best tools for link building vary from site to site, software such as SE Ranking, Ahrefs, Moz, and Majestic stand out as the most all-purpose on the SEO market, and SE Ranking definitely tops the list.
1. SE Ranking
If you are seeking an efficient link building solution, SE Ranking is just the thing.Well-known for its accomplished Backlink Checker and Backlink Monitor, this online software also boasts other toolsets like the Keyword Rank Tracker, Site Audit, On-Page SEO Checker, Competitor Analysis, and Local Marketing. So while adding potent backlink instruments to your arsenal, you concurrently acquire other invaluable and unique features to promote and scale your brand, which is what makes it such a bargain. Still, since our focal point today is its link building capabilities, let’s figure out why SE Ranking is a market-leading link building tool.
- Easy to utilize
- Efficacious crawling capabilities
- Comprehensive data on each backlink
- Instant email alerts on backlink fluctuations
- Proprietary domain score
- Flexible affordability
- The sheer volume of data can be challenging to process
- Certain advanced functions are solely accessible in the Business plan
Due to a vast database of 3T backlinks, 262M domains, and 7B pages crawled daily, everyone from novice SEO individuals to established companies can develop thorough link building practices. The toolkit enables the following:
- Tracking dynamics and the overall number of backlinks and referring domains
- Profound backlink analysis based on key metrics like domain/page trust, dofollow/nofollow ratio, link type (image, text), anchor text, and target URL
- Detection of spam or toxic links via anchor text distribution data
- Reviewing of the top pages by backlinks and getting insights into the reasons for poor-performing pages
- Checking active, new, and lost links with in-depth SEO data
By adding backlinks to the tool, the system will constantly handle regular checkups and alert you of any modifications to your backlinks, including important backlink losses. Discover how valuable every single backlink is by analyzing referring domains, linking pages, and backlink parameters. With Backlink Monitor, it is possible to:
- Explore the backlink status: found/not found, indexed/not indexed, first seen/last seen
- Assess linking page popularity through social shares and external links insights
Backlink Gap Analyzer
The precious gem that makes SE Ranking unique among SEO link building tools is the Backlink Gap Analyzer. It helps to crawl backlinks to discover issues that are preventing the site from having high SERP positions. Plus, this feature will prescribe strong backlinks to include in your strategies and uncover new opportunities through competitors’ backlink profile audits.
Compared to other SEO tools for link building, SE Ranking comes with the most attractive cost-benefit ratio for the offered operational functionality. Depending on the number of tracked keywords and rankings check frequency, both newbies and mid-sized agencies will find the perfect pricing plan. There are packages available:
- Essential – $55 / month
- Pro – $109 / month
- Business – $239 / month
If you want to make sure the software backlink toolbox power is worth committing to, test it out with a 14-day free trial.
Considering the ratio of built-in features and the pricing policy, there is no better link building tool than SE Ranking. Users can analyze their backlink profiles and those of their competitors for all critical metrics, detect and fix toxic links, and reveal valuable link building opportunities to empower their strategies further. Our SE Ranking Review affirms that the provided extended database, thorough crawling, and accurate analytics will aid in scaling any business from scratch.
A runner-up of the best link building tools, furnished with exclusive backlink-checking features, is Majestic. It houses decent link databases and a bunch of proprietary metrics to level up your site. Though the app somewhat lags behind SE Ranking with regard to the completeness of the toolset, it still supports priceless advanced functions like Link Context. The tool facilitates the careful analysis of backlink prospects and discloses link building possibilities that your competitors might have skipped.
A no less noteworthy option is the Fresh Index, covering an up-to-date list of insights from the past 120 days. In addition, the Historic Index data also allows access to info at a higher volume in the last five years. After entering the domain or site into the search bar, Majestic will immediately showcase link building metrics like:
- Trust Flow
- Citation Flow
- Visibility Flow
- Topical Trust Flow
- Flow Metric Scores
Based on these stats, it is possible to determine the domain authority and find the specific domain’s backlink sources.
- Concurrent analysis of numerous backlinks with the Bulk Backlink Checker
- Trouble-free access to historic index and swift info search throughout
- Find winning keywords for link building strategies via Keyword Checker
- Detailed sites comparison to investigate mutual backlinks
- Backlink Explorer doesn’t encompass all links
Majestic appears among the least expensive link building tools for SEO and offers three paid plans:
- Lite ($49.99 per month)– caters to the needs of beginner SEO individuals, enabling 1 million analysis units monthly.
- Pro ($99.99 per month) – best for agencies, domain traders, and SEO consultants, providing 20 million analysis units monthly.
- API ($399.99) – ideally fits large companies that want to get the most from link building. This package also supports simultaneous five-user management and over 100 million analysis units.
Summing up the above Majestic Review, the platform will help you dominate your niche with robust capabilities to gain links. Fruitful and seamless optimization of backlink performance via intelligent proprietary linking parameters and the ability to stack up against competitors makes this software one of the greatest link building tools.
Ahrefs is a rich-feature marketing platform and SEO toolbox that can boost your rankings across SERPs. Its keyword research and site auditing functions are fantastic, but the app has also earned a name as one of the best SEO link building tools. Users can both create a strong backlink profile and take advantage of link prospecting.
At the heart of Ahrefs is its Site Explorer, which assists in deep backlink profile investigation. With this feature, you will get a comprehensive list of all links directed to the site. You can verify each link for the linking site’s domain rating, estimated organic traffic, and the particular page it links to. Refining the data by filters like dofollow/nofollow links, backlink type, domain traffic, and others is at your disposal. Moreover, Site Explorer is incredibly useful for gaining valuable insights into competitive backlink dynamics.
Link Intersect poses as another one-of-a-kind feature that outpaces competitors. It discovers sites that link to sources of a few rivals but not yours. Meanwhile, Content Explorer will pick up the hottest articles on the requisite topic based on the amount of referring domains linked to them.
- Lightning-fast crawling
- Broken backlinks check for quick-win opportunities
- The ability to look through the linking sites’ anchor texts
- Google penalty help
- Somewhat hard for beginners to utilize
- High-priced plans and no free trial
According to the Ahrefs Review 2023, there is no free trial for users, but they can test the scope of features for a week for $7. Plus, the platform offers a 48-hour window to cancel a monthly subscription. Although Ahrefs functionality definitely enhances the overall link building performance, packages are a bit overpriced.
- Lite – $99 monthly
- Standard – $199 monthly
- Advanced – $399 monthly
- Enterprise – $999 monthly
Looking for an easy-to-use and feature-packed SEO link building tool to earn domain authority and craft a high-end link profile? Ahrefs is your destination. Conduct a complete site backlink analysis, reveal link potential for specific terms, find broken link building opportunities, and pinpoint competitors’ linking tactics to be a step ahead in the industry.
4. SEO PowerSuite
With an ideal mix of attractive pricing and a comprehensive set of features to streamline linking efforts, SEO PowerSuite deservedly belongs among the best link building tools. The platform has everything you need for a thorough and practical analysis, monitoring, and managing backlinks, as well as carrying out outreach campaigns.
Our SEO PowerSuit Review focuses on such vital and unique tools for gaining linking power as SEO Spyglass and Link Assistant. The first instrument comprises a massive database of live links that are crucial for backlink research. On top of that, it assists in figuring out what sites link to your competitors so you can engage them with your sources.
With crawling capabilities of 7B pages daily, Link Assistant is a valuable tool that provides boundless link opportunities and generates prospect lists for particular link building strategies. The link suggestion feature saves users time by pitching the most winning links to your business. The tool tailors suggestions according to specific preferences, embracing link building tactics like reviews, guest posting, commenting, and resource pages.
- Advanced link audit, allowing for gauging the backlinks’ quality and relevance
- Outreach management toolbox for contacting link prospects
- Constant updates on any modification within the backlink profile
- Professional, customizable reports on link building efforts
- One-click link validity check
- Practical link suggestions based on the chosen link building methods
- It might becomplex for those who are new to SEO
- Some features and data are not accessible in real-time without an Internet connection
- Limited data on link prospects
If you wish to utilize only Link Assistant, a free-of-charge version with limited functionality is available. You may conveniently purchase the needed tools separately. To unlock more features to create a promising backlink profile, there are two packages:
- Professional – $299 yearly
- Enterprise – $499 yearly
SEO specialists and marketers targeting discovering new link building possibilities will find SEO PowerSuite a terrific link building tool. Its exclusive and precise link suggestions, as well as powerful competitor analysis and outreach management capabilities, will enhance any site’s visibility, rankings, and authority.
Primarily known as an SEO auditing platform, Seobility still appears among the best tools for link building. Its user-friendly interface will help both novices and experienced SEOs keep abreast of the quality of the backlink profile. Its suite of features enables users to do the following:
- Obtain insights into the number, relevancy, and trustworthiness of backlinks pointing to your site. You can also detect potentially harmful or poor-quality backlinks
- Analyze competitors’ link building strategies to understand which are the most performing and adjustyour approach
- Determine potential link prospects and resources to build connections with.
- Monitor the overall health and status of all existing backlinks and immediately get notified on lost or broken links
- Manage and disavow harmful or underperforming backlinks
- Attain generated exhaustive reports on all your link building campaigns
- Intuitive and comprehensive toolset for beginners
- Possibility of looking at each backlink rating
- All core metrics to audit backlinks are incorporated
- The basic plan is free of charge
- Insufficient filtering options
- Limited integrations with other third-party tools or platforms
We can’t help but mention in our Seobility Review that the Basic plan is free and entirely enough for those who are just starting to master link building processes. Whether you are a small/mid-sized business or a large company/enterprise, it is possible to reach more functionalities within the following paid plans:
- Premium – $50 per month
- Agency – $200 per month
The good news is users might go for a 14-day free trial with the Premium plan and save up to 20% with an annual subscription.
Though Seobility basically positions itself as an SEO auditing platform, it has excellent link building tools to strengthen the backlink profile. Thanks to its straightforward toolset and affordable pricing with a free Basic plan, there is nothing more suitable for novices to sharpen their skills and expertise. Its filtering and live monitoring features are somewhat limited, but they definitely provide value for money.
SEMRush is a one-stop shop for SEO specialists,with remarkable link building tools, especially in terms of backlink research. And while the platform can boost your site from keyword exploration to on-page optimization, Our SEMRush Review today prioritizes its features for gaining valuable links.One of the largest and most updated link databases in the world will aid users in assessing the power of linking opportunities
with metrics, stats, and extended filtering options.
Link Building Tool
The scope of tools allows you to acquire a list of prospects and send custom messages via the outreach module to gain both priceless links and relationships for further site growth through backlinking. Add the top backlink opportunities to the In Progress section to check essential insights anytime, such as contact info, social media, etc., and about sites you are interested in driving links from.
Regardless of being less accomplished than the tool by SE Ranking, it comes with efficient solutions for boosting link building potential. This feature stacks your site’s backlink profile up against competitors, defining domains linked to your rivals’ sources instead of yours. That way, you can amplify future link-generation campaigns with those domains.
- Accurate and detailed keyword and competitor data suppliesnumerous link prospects quick and effortlessly
- Tracking backlink profiles on won and lost links
- Instant personalized message sending via outreach module
- Convenient reporting and exporting to the Disavow Tool
- A bit difficultfor beginner users to use
- It is necessary to sign up for the complete SEMRush toolbox to use the Link Building tool in full
Understanding different needs within link building tools for SEO, each plan is tailored accordingly. The cost of the plan depends on the number of projects, tracked keywords, and results per report. For small teams and established agencies and enterprises, plans are as follows:
- Pro – $119.95 monthly
- Guru – $229.95 monthly
- Business – $449.95 monthly
To make sure SEMRush functionalities align with your business intentions, take advantage of the app’s 7-day free trial.
SEMRush is an incredibly robust app with full-fledged functions that are invaluable for all SEOs, including link builders. Still, make sure your budget and proficiency are sufficient since plans and link building tools require considerable investment and technical proficiency.
7. Moz Pro
Moz Pro is one of the oldest SEO software on the market, providing efficient solutions to optimize any site, from keyword research to rank tracking. But the all-in-one link building tool, Link Explorer, shines the brightest. It will help site owners to track and monitor their link profiles, draw fresh opportunities from competitors, and uncover link data for any domain.
Within the Link Explorer toolset, Link Research functionality stands out the most. While looking for a domain/URL, users may attain a high-level overview of linking domains, inbound links, and ranking keywords. In addition, it is possible to download CSV files with more detailed insights for one of these data points.
For better analytics, check domain and page authority changes over time in charts and see a breakdown of lost and new links. To develop the performing link building strategies, you can also explore sub-reports with info on which pages drive massive links and which anchor texts your linking sites use the most.
- Crisp and in-depth link stats for any page and domain
- Link intersect feature to discover valuable linking opportunities from competitive sites
- Historic outline of won or lost backlinks
- Constantly updated spam score
- Link outreach tools are a bit outdated
- Pricey plans
The great news is that before upgrading to paid plans, everyone can enjoy a 30-day free trial period. This justifies the slightly inflated pricing model. Moreover, the Link Explorer tool supports a free version capable of searching up to 10 domains and URLs each month. For those who need only link building basics as well as large SEO-focused agencies and businesses, Moz Pro presents four packages withmonthly pricing as follows:
- Standard – $99
- Medium – $179
- Large – $299
- Premium – $599
Summarizing the above Moz Pro review, this software is among the most fantastic SEO link building tools for staying on top of your link profile. With its proven suite of features, site owners can benefit from deep backlink analysis, link prospect opportunities, and robust link vetting.
Everything you want to track and measure is found in Ranktracker. Apart from a rich feature toolset to trace rankings locally/globally and the ability to analyze keywords based on various relevant data, the platform boasts two link building tools.
This instrument enables you to design promising link building strategies through:
- Delivering a swiftdomain backlink audit, encompassing competitors’ backlink activity and sites linked to them
- Investigation of domain/URL rating for every link
- Detection of any site’s new and lost links and constant profound data updates per 24 hours
- Saving interesting links to reference them later with access to their essential info anytime
Backlink Monitor is packed with purpose-built functionalities to outperform competitors in link building activity. Our Ranktracker Review aims to disclose how they are helpful in detail.
- Identify dead backlinks as far back as 2019 with the extended Historical Data feature
- Conduct a thorough web page analysis on metrics like status code, broken backlinks, referring pages/domains, referring IPS, first seen, spam score, etc.
- Determine whether specific backlinks give your site authority or not.
- Investigate sources backlinking to your site to see whether they are conducive to your portfolio.
- Tools take a deep look at competitors’ backlinks
- Comprehensive Domain Rating System
- Smart email alerts on backlink updates
- On-demand PDF, Excel & CVS reports
- No link outreach and management tools
- No free trial period
Ranktracker distinguishes itself with its affordable pricing. There are 4 plans perfectly tailored for the different link building requirements of both beginners and advanced SEO individuals:
- Starter – $19.20 monthly
- Double Data – $47.20 monthly
- Quad Data – $87.20 monthly
- Hex Data – $167.20 monthly
The amount of Backlink Checker rows gradually rises with each subsequent package.
Ranktracker is a solid product for optimizing and enhancing site performance, with an emphasis on backlinks. Despite its Backlink Checker and Backlink Monitor being less potent than similar SE Ranking link building tools, it still might improve online visibility and increase rankings across SERPs.
When it comes to backlink research capabilities in terms of spying on competitors’ linking performance, SimilarWeb is one of the best link building tools. Frankly speaking, its toolkit isn’t so versatile compared to the lead of our list, SE Ranking, but there is one noteworthy solution to look over in this SimilarWeb Review.
The Digital Marketing Intelligence toolkit will peep into competitors’ backlink strategies and arm you with tactics to get ahead of them. You may effortlessly uncover sites referring to your competitors and missed linking opportunities to work on. This tool also gives users a comprehensive outline of referral traffic, comprising the percentage of referral traffic won, the domain to target, and categories for referrals. Another thing making it highly conducive to competitive backlink research is the ability to compare referral sources with up to 4 sites concurrently.
- Allows to check total referral traffic and backlink dynamics
- Gives you hints on your most engaged industries resulting from referral traffic
- In-depth insights about referring domains
- Defines new winning topics to implement based on current referral traffic data
- Lacks a link building management tool
- Need to contact the sales team for prices
SimilarWeb is different fromits alternatives since instead of standard plans, it has packages of 5 different Intelligence solutions that vary depending on specific SEO needs and niches:
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Research
The drawback here is that to know the pricing and get a custom quote, you need to reach out to the site’s sales team. Still, if you want the basic suite of features, you can choose Competitive Intelligence, priced at $167 per month.
SimilarWeb is software that powers your link building campaigns with strategic and tactical decisions to drive high ranking and revenue. At a time when its operational functionality might be weak for business large-scaling, SEO newbies will find it utterly sufficient for successful backlink development.
Covering multi-faceted functionality from rank tracking to SEO audits, WebCEO is also prominent with 4 link building tools for SEO. With the Backlink Checker, users can significantly upgrade their backlink profiles and increase link diversity. Analyze backlink performance on metrics like Domain Trust Flow, Domain Citation Flow, and anchor texts. Plus, it is possible to rapidly estimate the number of backlinks pointing to your site, the authority of linking domains, and ration the toxic/non-toxic links.
The Internal Link Analysis tool will deeply scan your content to make your link texts SEO-friendly. You can streamline your internal links structure by instantly gauging metrics such as the number of inbound/outbound links, page status (OK, Nofollow, or Noindex), and average position on Google.
The Link Toxic set of features will handle robust link detox for you. It discovers potential spam backlinks on the fly and automatically generates a disavow file. Stay informed about all top-quality juicy links to your site. Another high-performing tool of our WebCEO Review is the Competitor Backlink Spy, that strengthens you with powerful backlink opportunities by analyzing the quality and relevance of each link.
- User-responsive interface
- Backlink Texts texts feature enables you to see the context of each competitive link without visiting each backlink donor
- Provides automated backlink discoveries on the preferred frequency
- Runs a complete backlink audit using Majestic and Moz metrics
- Facilitates SEO copywriting through Hummingbird-friendly linking approach
- Users should be SEO well-versed to take advantage of every single link building tool
- Insufficient functionalities within Solo and Startup packages
Before ultimately deciding whether WebCEO is worth incorporating, site owners may test it out for 14 days for free. Depending on your SEO requirements, expertise, and business scale, there are paid plans with the corresponding monthly fees:
- Solo – $37
- Startup – $99
- Agency Unlimited – $99
- Corporate – $299
If you want both internal linking advancement and competitor backlink analysis, WebCEO is just the thing. It is packed with proven SEO tools for link building from scratch.
Utilizing link building tools is the key to success in staying ahead of competitors in the ever-evolving digital market. These intelligent instruments will not only help SEO specialists and marketers save time and effort but also take site optimization to a higher level. To capture the best tools for link building, you should examine your personal business expectations. The same refers to critical factors for the link profile pumping, like backlink research, competitors’ audit capabilities, and the potential to drive link prospects.
Among the red-hot platforms in 2023 are SE Ranking, Majestic, and Ahrefs, where the first is an apparent leader due to its link building toolkit and affordable pricing policy. Nevertheless, by selecting any other software from our digest, you can enhance your backlink quality and performance, resulting in massive targeted traffic and top rankings in the SERPs.