Whether you are a site owner, a solo marketer, or the member of an SEO agency, you are definitely seeking improved online visibility, increased organic traffic, and boosted rankings in the SERPs. And to reach those goals, having the right SEO tool in your arsenal is decisive . Today’s competitive market offers a variety of decent solutions, and two of the best are SE Ranking and Moz . They both come with advanced functionalities and unique benefits tailored to streamline sites, outperform competitors, and facilitate organic growth.
To make an educated decision on which platform to choose, it is worth figuring out which one perfectly meets your business needs. Our detailed SE Ranking vs Moz digest will explain to you the similarities and contrasts between the two platforms in terms of toolset, features, data coverage, and pricing system. It is also worth considering the approaches applied, user experience, and future opportunities of each option to pick the tool with the best cost-value ratio and most promising scaling potential.
What are SE Ranking and Moz?
SE Ranking Overview
Operating since 2013, SE Ranking still remains as a market-leading, robust, all-in-one SEO cloud-based software to optimize site performance across SERPs. From digital marketing experts and SEO individuals to dedicated agencies and large enterprises, everyone will find suitable capabilities among 30 sophisticated tools for empowering SEO efforts.
With the most extensive keyword and backlink databases net-wide and a cutting-edge toolkit, you can perform granular and efficient keyword research, keyword rank tracking, backlink monitoring, on-page SEO audit, competitor analysis, and much more. If comparing Moz vs SE Ranking, the latter is relatively new, but it has already earned a big industry name and enjoys popularity with over 800 000 users worldwide.
- A comprehensive suite of features for all levels of SEO and digital marketing
- Easy-to-use interface with smooth navigation
- Vast keyword and backlink databases
- Affordable pricing tiers
- State-of-the-art Content and Local Marketing tools
- Built-in API access and white-label reporting
- Seamless integration with other tools and platforms
- Reactive customer support and helpful tutorials
- Generous free trial period
- Some functionalities require knowledge in SEO and tech
- Beginners might find the volume of data overwhelming
- Limited integration with non-Google apps
Initially founded as an SEO-specific online community, Moz currently poses as a well-established platform widely known for its all-purpose toolbox. It offers a proven set of features, from keyword exploration and rank monitoring to backlink analysis and on-page auditing, to drive massive traffic to the site and enhance web presence. Though the app is a veteran by SE Ranking comparison, it still tries to follow the latest marketing trends and does so with flying colors.
- A complete functional suite for SEO
- High-performing keyword analysis and generation instrument
- Swift site crawling with practical suggested improvements
- Outstanding proprietary metrics for backlink progress evaluation
- Constant updates of the toolset
- Local and mobile SEO features available
- Effortless and intelligible overview of traffic performance
- Non-intuitive UX
- High prices may be too expensive for novice webmasters
- Missing PPC and SMM tools
- Moz Local requires a separate subscription
Now that we have briefly covered the essence of both platforms, let’s compare SE Ranking and Moz in detail, shedding light on the core functionalities.
Reaching the peak of Google is the ultimate goal of any site, regardless of the niche or business direction. That’s why rank-tracking opportunities are a top priority when deciding on a tool. In this section, we will conduct a Moz vs SE Ranking comparison based on the advantages the Rank Tracker might bring users.
The Keyword Rank Tracker is the first point to examine within our SE Ranking comparison for a reason. Due to its versatility, data accuracy, and user-friendly dashboard, it is one of the most powerful rank-checking solutions on the market. The tool provides users with valuable keyword and competitor insights to always stay a step ahead. Moreover, you can monitor keyword positions for multiple sites concurrently without any hassle.
We could go on for hours about the tons of efficient functions that SE Ranking’s Rank Tracker covers . But let’s consider the best ones to advance in the SERPs. You can leverage the tool in the following ways:
- Detect competing domains based on tracked keywords. It means you can check the keyword rankings of any domain, including estimated monthly traffic, top traffic-driving pages, and their backlink performance.
- Monitor rankings across major search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, and YouTube. The Google rank-tracking functionality impresses with its various monitoring options, like desktop, mobile, Google Maps, and local pack search results.
- Track ranking positions for a few locations within a single project. It allows users to analyze keyword ranking modifications for a specific area and avoid keyword cannibalization issues.
- Stack up your rankings against rivals. Depending on the project, it is possible to simultaneously compare changes in keyword rankings within a particular timeline by 5, 10, or 20 opponents. Vast filtering capabilities provide even more granular outcomes.
- Obtain swift solo keyword or page ranking trends. This feature discloses the most significant ranking modifications (jumps and drops) to enhance your streamlining strategy. In addition, review a separate ranking trend chart for each tracked key phrase, audit high-ranking keywords as groups or individually, and explore top pages based on their average keyword positions.
- Compare requisite keywords dynamics in-depth. This refers to the ranking alterations for a specific time (yesterday, last month, past 6 months, etc.) or between two or several dates/periods.
Another delightful thing we encountered while comparing SE Ranking vs Moz is that the Rank Tracker by SE Ranking offers seamless integration with Google Analytics and GSC. This will help save time and effort considerably by being able to follow up on site traffic trends and keywords under one roof, as well as craft site groups to segment keywords and traffic for more precise insights.
The Rank Checker is undoubtedly the center-stage of the Moz toolset. All you need to do to generate instant ranking reports and conduct related competitor research is enter a specific keyword, domain, search engine, and country. Built-in SEO metrics will give you a high-quality comprehensive showdown of keyword rankings over the needed range of time. To help you decide between SE Ranking or Moz, Moz’s rank-tracking capabilities are as follows:
- Learning how a site performs for the target keywords in a few clicks. Users can receive prompt, detailed reports for core keyword/keyphrase performance metrics.
- Actionable targeted keyword suggestions to boost rankings
- Profound competitor research. Select your essential keywords and investigate how opponents are ranking for them.
- Prospective keywords checkup. The tool enables you to find rankings for potentially tracked keywords and discover their potential.
- Acquiring ranking insights you are most interested in across major search engines, like Google, Google Mobile, Yahoo, Bing, etc.
- Effective keyword analysis by search volume. You may accurately predict the search volume a specific keyword might drive with a thorough audit.
- Discovering keyword difficulty. The proprietary KD score will showcase the difficulty level to rank on each SERP for particular keywords.
- Reviewing keyword progress anytime via the Ranking History graph.
- Comparing mobile and desktop visibility. Examine search behavior and ranking fluctuations both on desktop and mobile devices at a national and local level.
- Uncovering competitors’ weaknesses. By spying on your opponents’ movement on the SERP, you can identify gaps to build yet more beneficial strategies to rank high.
- Long-term keyword monitoring. The tool offers users to track rankings for the most crucial keywords on a long-lasting perspective after adding them to a Moz Pro Campaign
If you want to grow in ranking quickly, sustainably, and efficiently and are choosing between Moz or SE Ranking, the latter platform is the apparent leader. Its sophisticated keyword position tracking system will help monitor real-time keyword rankings with 100% accuracy and unearth competitors’ keyword data across organic and paid search engines. Though Moz stands out with impeccable targeted keyword suggestions and a potent proprietary KD score, the in-link Rank Checker still lacks completeness and flexibility compared to SE Ranking.
Since relevant keywords/ key phrases can dramatically affect a site’s ranking progress, Keyword Research capacity is crucial when deciding on a platform . So this is the next aspect that our experts have chosen to focus on in our SE Ranking vs Moz comparison.
Each SE Ranking feature deserves attention, but the Keyword Suggestion Tool is the precious gem of the overall toolkit. It provides users with the best-suited terms, whether it’s for an SEO or PPC campaign. Powered by all the critical data and metrics, the functionality eliminates any kind of guesswork and facilitates winning solutions. To start running efficacious keyword research, just type the seed keyword and receive a bunch of similar, related, low-search volume terms and questions in seconds.
While choosing Moz or SE Ranking, keep in mind that the Keyword Suggestion Tool by SE Ranking is rich with functions like:
- Detailed analysis of core keyword parameters such as keyword difficulty, search volume, and CPC/paid competition. In terms of difficulty score, users may find out how challenging it will be to appear within the first SERPs by targeting a specific keyword. You may also audit the requisite key term on monthly search volume and estimated price per click. Additionally, discover the competitive level of keywords globally by learning the CPC data for other regions.
- Bulk keyword research. It ensures swift and effortless evaluation of all keywords from the list for search volume and difficulty to identify the most promising key phrases.
- Detecting head-to-head keyword competitors. You can see who targets the same keywords in the organic and paid results as you and their practices so you might develop more beneficial search campaigns.
- Integration with Google Keyword Planner. Our SE Ranking vs Moz comparison review emphasizes that the Keyword Suggestion Tool goes far beyond pitching merely keyword insights. In tandem with the Google Keyword Planner, it gives more SEO metrics and stats for each search term, along with excellent filtering and sorting options.
- Finding the best long-tail keywords by using an incorporated word count filter.
- Relevant keyword segmentation
We can’t also help but mention user-friendly UX and smooth navigation that keep keyword exploration clear and simple, especially for newbies.
Our Moz comparison specialists affirm that the Keyword Explorer by Moz is an industry-leading tool for performing in-depth keyword and SERP analysis. The tool will aid in instantly revealing keywords to have your site rank high and discover high-performing suggestions. The great news is that users may utilize this feature for free. All it takes is entering the required URL or key term to unveil the best keywords for targeting. Let’s dive deep into the perks you can get with the Keyword Explorer capabilities:
- High-Impact keyword suggestions. You can unearth missed valuable keywords and topics via granular crawling. Plus, the Relevancy metric will order keywords by priority, the amount of competitive sources in which they appear, and lexical similarity. Still, this is not the limit. Sort suggestions based on monthly volume, export them to CSV files, or move them directly to campaigns and specific keyword lists.
- Auditing the SERP for a particular keyword. The SERP analysis will provide a holistic picture of a keyword landscape in terms of domain authority, page authority, and backlink metrics for every single organic result. Page Scores serve to determine how well on-page content, meta data, internal links, and other tech SEO elements are optimized for targeted keywords.
- Keyword list creation. The tool enables structuring, tracking, and comparing thousands of keywords to target the most promising ones. Seamlessly create keyword lists with pre-categorized clusters of search terms based on topic similarity. You may also obtain insights on search monthly volume totals, estimated CTR for organic results, KD scores, and much more.
- Organic keyword analysis on rivals. Investigate the most important keywords of your opponents and find gaps where you can outperform them.
If you compare Moz and SE Ranking in terms of keyword research potential, SE Ranking definitely leads the game . Due to its extensive keyword database, impressive structuring, and filtering options, the tool is impactful and easy to operate, not to mention the data accuracy and integration possibilities. At the same time, Moz offers most of the features that SE Ranking has, but everything is a cluttered mess. So you have to thoroughly sift through the data to empower your campaigns with the right keywords.
Earning quality and trusted backlinks significantly contributes to increasing site authority and boosting rankings. Backlinks improve exposure and raise the site’s credibility in the eyes of Google. So the focal issue to discuss within this section is the backlink tools of Moz and SE Ranking.
SE Ranking presents two heavyweights for in-depth backlink performance analysis: The Backlink Checker and Backlink Monitor.
The Backlink Checker diligently scans any backlink profile to provide a 360-degree rundown of link-building insights. These include:
- Domain trust and page trust score showcasing the potential ranking positions in SERPs
- Referring domains to the specific URL
- Top anchor texts and pages driving the most backlinks
- Critical SEO data on new, active, and lost backlinks
- The link type overview
- Nofollow/dofollow link detection
- Anchor text distribution data audits to discover spam or toxic links
- The Pages Reports feature that meticulously crawls pages that are replenishing with backlinks and defines the type of content to attract massive links in your niche
- Monitoring competitors’ backlink efforts in detail
The Backlink Tracking Tool is another vital aspect to consider when choosing SE Ranking vs Moz. It will help users measure the value of every backlink and disavow harmful backlinks. Moreover, you will receive alerts about any backlink modifications, like found/not found, first seen/last seen, and whether a page with backlinks is indexed/not indexed.
Gauge how valuable backlinks are by the parameters below:
- Text/image – learn the exact backlink placement
- Anchor text – discover what text is used to link to the site
- Target URL – look over the site’s specific pages that take advantage of backlinks
- Dofollow/nofollow – track fluctuations that signal to search engines whether or not to crawl your links
For a more advanced analysis, the tool offers to verify if the backlinks come from an authoritative domain via Domain Trust. And you can evaluate linking page popularity by metrics like Page Trust, External Links, and Social Shares to develop a relevant backlinking strategy.
Our Moz vs SE Ranking review can’t help but note the outstanding feature of being able to view the aggregate backlink data in handy charts and generate clear disavow files with the particular spam links to disregard.
Site owners who want to see where their off-page SEO efforts are heading can utilize the Link Explorer by Moz. And to discover the most suitable backlink analysis tool from Moz and SE Ranking, it is worth getting familiarized with the variety of features Link Explorer has to offer. It allows for looking through a detailed breakdown of the backlink data, such as:
- Anchor text, including the top ones
- Domain and page authority
- The number of unique external linking domains
- The link first seen/last date
- Spam score
- Link target
- Discovered and lost linking domains over time
- The total of lost or gained links
- The ratio of dofollow/nofollow in internal and external backlinks
- Ranking keywords
In addition, you can compare your competitors’ link profiles and investigate the hot spots for earning links, along with practices to do that. If you are hesitating between SE Ranking and Moz, take into account that the latter platform comprises the Link Intersect tool. With this feature, you can effortlessly unveil all valuable sources linking to your rivals and engage them on your site.
Due to a large and robust live link index, maintaining link quality and traffic from authoritative backlinks is even easier and faster. It means the tool instantly finds and fixes broken links as well as researches high-performing content with top pages.
A no less notable functionality of the Link Explorer is the site ranking as per DA. Users can keep track of where their pinnacle inbound links are coming from and target those sites for more top-quality links in future campaigns.
SE Ranking and Moz both boast impressive backlink analysis capabilities, but if you have to specify a more efficient instrument, SE Ranking is the winner for a few reasons. The core benefit is the accomplished toolbox consisting of a Backlink Checker, Backlink Monitor, and Backlink Gap Analyzer, while Moz offers only the Link Explorer tool. Despite that Moz has a user-friendly interface and extensive live link index and Link Intersect feature, it still lags behind SE Ranking regarding in-depth insights for all metrics.
To make a well-informed decision about the software that will supercharge your SEO power, check out the Moz vs SE Ranking comparison in view of auditing capabilities.
Are you searching for a tool that diligently scans your site’s overall SEO health in minutes and gives practical tips for improvement? The Website Audit by SE Ranking is a savior. A user-oriented dashboard will showcase all the viable info in an eye-catching manner. You may analyze desktop and mobile core web vital scores to tackle user experience. Based on the pages crawled and URLs found, it is possible to determine top issues by their level of significance and prevalence and to trace problems by category, including their frequency of occurrence.
Packed with pro-level auditing features, the tool also provides experienced marketers and newbies with a trouble-free site audit for all essential domain metrics, including:
- Domain validity and expiration date
- Number of pages indexed/not indexed by search engines
- HTTP status codes
- Page depth and server response times
- Redirects and detached pages
- Meta robots tag
- Link attributes distribution
On top of that, site owners can get a full breakdown of all tech SEO issues related to security, speed, localization, crawling, and usability, with practical recommendations on how to solve every malfunction. Keep abreast of on-page optimization problems round-the-clock via an automated notification system to take immediate measures. It refers to:
- Images – improve heavy pictures and detect missing alt text to boost site performance
- CSS – change the code of large CSS files, delete unnecessary lines, store cached copies, etc.
According to our SE Ranking vs Moz team, the Site Audit stands out with custom auditing features. You can not only compare site audits but also measure SEO progress by leveraging customizable filters. Build your site audit report by setting the following rules:
- Choose the audit period and the way to do it (manually or automatically)
- Decide on specific pages or the whole site
- Manage the scope of auditing functions to apply
- Pick the parameters to review and data to process
Keep a close eye on your site performance and easily detect tech SEO errors with the Site Crawl tool by Moz. Rest assured, you won’t be left in the dark about what to do – the platform supports users with actionable recommendations on how to amend all issues throughout the site.
Our Moz comparison review singles out its lightning-fast crawling speed to keep track of new and recurring errors within a specific timeline. Furthermore, the info is well-organized with colorful charts that display a breakdown of issues by categories, new issues, and total issues. The suite of scanned problems is related to broken redirects, metadata, and content. The tool also arranges errors to fix by priority and sends warning notifications. Figure out all critical changes since the last crawl concerning:
- Missing description/title tag/canonical tag
- Too long URL/title/description
- Meta noindex
- Duplicate/thin content
- Duplicate titles
- Slow load time
- Redirect chain
- Too short description
The Site Crawl functionality is incredibly beginner-friendly. Users get comprehensive explanations of each issue that emphasize the potential influence on your SEO and a step-by-step enhancement guide. Learn more about the best ways to fix 3 key on-site issues with the Moz Recommends Fixing section, that contains advice from leading SEO experts.
Since Moz enables weekly automated crawling, it alerts you to any new and critical problems, and offers to fix them before they snowball into major problems. You can also flag issues you wish to ignore and recrawl the site in a minute to check updated performance. This feature is super helpful for handling extensive site audits for big brands and prospects.
If you compare Moz and SE Ranking close up, you will see that Moz audits only basic errors while SE Ranking dives deep into issues you didn’t even know existed. Plus, the info is better structured and pitched in SE Ranking than Moz’s excessive data volume.
Software solutions with a strong focus on reaching maximum local exposure and heading the local SERPs are always valued more. And it is a really challenging task to find an app with a complete local-specific toolset. Let’s thoroughly compare SE Ranking and Moz to see what each platform offers regarding local marketing.
The Local Marketing Tool by SE Ranking is a one-stop shop for making your business locally prominent. It helps build, track, and manage local search visibility from one place. Users can breathe new life into their businesses with in-link features like:
- Local Ranking and Search – monitors rankings across multiple locations and discovers the target keyword dynamics in those regions. If you want to dig deeper with search stats, analyze the most effective mobile and desktop keywords, learn how and when leads engage with your locations, and how they meet your site in search.
- Local Marketing Audit – evaluates a specific location’s digital marketing efforts and overviews top issues. While choosing between Moz vs SE Ranking, remember the latter gives recommendations on your profile, business listings, and reviews arranged by priority. It is also possible to look over the location listings status in real time and fix any malfunction at a glance.
- Reputation Management – provides valuable insights into any business location based on the semantic core of customer reviews. It comprises a descriptive portrait of your business by customers, along with its strengths and weaknesses from their point of view. It is worth taking a close look at some dominant terms as they might become promising keywords. Analyze review distribution across different channels, like Google and Facebook, gauge the dynamics of location reviews, and reply to any review or change its status.
- Comprehensive and Clear Dashboard – illustrates essential info in simple terms and scrutinizes reviews by quality and quantity. Providing insights from the last period’s audits, it distributes reviews by rating and sources.
- Custom Settings – makes it easy to manage location data across Google Business Profile accounts. Add as many locations as needed, and conduct on-demand data updates. In addition, you can access granular historical insights and catch a wider audience via cross-catalog integration.
Moz offers a powerful Local SEO function that not only legitimizes business in the eyes of search engines but ensures people are getting relevant and updated info from whatever location they are seeking your site from. The most brilliant built-in features to consider within Moz vs SE Ranking are:
- Location Data Management is responsible for the synchronization of all your location data via Moz.
- Automated Duplicate Deletion sifts through duplicate content and removes everything irrelevant to make sure the info is correct.
- Review Management allows staying up-to-date with customers’ feedback about your business.
- Location Pages feature crafts landing pages for each required location.
To start your local SEO audit, just fill out the country, and company name, including street and ZIP info. Moz will calculate your business score by checking your info against the info popular search engines and directories showcase about your business. This online presence assessment compiles 3 core aspects:
- Missing – the content that the web lacks about your business.
- Incorrect – the percentage distribution of irrelevant info regarding your company across different online sources.
- Correct – the portion of correctly presented data of your business.
Find out the exact listings where your company appears and pull the real-time business info from them. Since there is always room for minor errors, it is advisable to cross-examine your results with current search directories.
If you are looking to optimize for Local SEO superficially, Directory Management is the only feature you need to handle it successfully. For more advanced streamlining, it is better to go for the Moz Local Listing Plus package.
While reviewing SE Ranking vs Moz, both do a great job at the site’s local optimization. Although Moz introduces a unique automated duplicate deletion function, SE Ranking has a more state-of-the-art dashboard with a broader scope of features and insights to make the business known at a local level.
Comparison of Other Features
Since both platforms present a similar suite functionality, you should carefully examine other distinct in-link SE Ranking vs Moz goodies to pick your piece of cake. Let’s start with a more full-feature solution – SE Ranking.
- Keyword Grouper – enables users to quickly and precisely segment keywords based on lexical and thematic similarity for further distribution across the site.
- Content Marketing Tool – automates the entire content creation process, from pitching high search traffic topics to crafting outstanding articles. Polishes content on structure, grammar, and keywords relevancy, as well as checks SEO metrics comparing ready-made articles with outlines.
- SERP Checker – analyzes SERP performance for keywords in one click.
- SEO Report Generator delivers data-rich customizable reports and unique data-sharing opportunities to your customers.
- Lead Generator – helps get qualified leads flow to your site by installing On-Page Checker widget.
- API – provides programmatic access to all in-platform data gathered.
As for Moz, you can benefit from the following stunning functions:
- MozBar – explores and audits essential page, social, and search metrics of any page visited right in the Chrome browser.
- My Online Presence – reveals how your location appears on local search engines/directories and ways to enhance its SERP performance.
- MozCast – reports on the Google algorithms’ situation and facilitates instant tracking of changes.
- Compare SEO Products – discloses which Moz SEO solutions perfectly meet your business objectives.
If everything suits you in terms of a toolkit, the last point to examine before committing to an app is the SE Ranking pricing vs Moz pricing. That is to say, make sure that the price is fully in line with the feature quality and SEO power offered.
Taking different business needs and investment possibilities into account, the vendor has designed 3 affordable pricing tiers. Freelancers, newbie marketers, small teams, and mid-sized agencies will find the right package according to their toolset requirements.
- Essential – $55 / monthly
- Pro – $109 / monthly
- Business – $239 / monthly
If considering the functional capacity within each paid plan, SE Ranking is undoubtedly among the most affordable solutions on the market. What’s more, you can test the platform for 14 days for free and get a 20% discount with an annual subscription.
Based on the number of features and campaigns, Moz offers its users 4 different pricing options to choose from:
- Standard – $99 / monthly
- Medium – $179 / monthly
- Large – $299 / monthly
- Premium – $599 / monthly
The platform allows for signing up for a 30-day free trial of any plan, which is helpful for users looking for basic functionality as well as those with advanced SEO needs .
When looking at SE Moz pricing vs Ranking pricing under a magnifying glass, the latter provides more bang for your buck. It relates to the basic plan, especially, which is roughly 60% cheaper than Moz. On top of that, SE Ranking generously lets you add 20 projects compared to 3 projects on Moz, resulting in a deeper analysis of more sites.
Our SE Ranking vs Moz team affirm that SE Ranking outshines its head-to-head competitor from keyword research and backlink analysis to SEO audit and local SEO. Additionally, the revamped user-friendly interface makes it smooth, effortless, and quick to access the desired data and navigate across built-in tools, not to mention the wide range of unique and terrific content marketing, reporting, and agency-specific features.
Meanwhile, Moz stands out with its widely-recognized DA metric and valuable free tools like MozBar, My Online Presence, and MozCast. Still, when one assesses the software’s functional capability, Moz falls short in a few areas. Its interface might feel cluttered and cumbersome, and reports are somewhat skin-deep, which doesn’t justify its high pricing policy.
To recap the Moz vs SE Ranking comparison, SE Ranking ensures a better cost-value ratio and unearths more tremendous business-scaling potential with its toolset .