As the digital marketing world is ever-evolving, picking the right SEO tool might be a game-changer for your business growth and recognition. Two big industry names, Semrush and Mangools, offer an all-in-one suite of features to enhance search engine visibility, bolster rankings, and overall get an edge over competitors.
This dedicated Mangools vs Semrush comparison aims to dissect all the similarities and differences, providing unbiased feedback on toolkits and features, including perks and downsides. Whether you are a novice SEO specialist, a seasoned marketer, or a site owner, this showdown will facilitate your endeavors in opting for the platform best aligned with your specific needs and goals. So let’s embark on an informative Semrush vs Mangools journey to spot the software that is worth joining your arsenal in view of capabilities, functions, and scaling potential.
What Are Semrush and Mangools?
Dated back to 2008, Semrush started its way as a solo keyword research tool with a strong focus on competitive intelligence. Since then it has gone through a thorny transformation to turn into an all-around instrument with the largest databases of keywords and backlinks. Cutting-edge 50+ tools, and constant updates will get your site revamped swiftly, smoothly, and effectively. Aside from the core functionalities for keyword exploration, rank tracking, backlink analysis, and site crawling, the platform comprises a decent SEM toolbox. It helps marketing gurus, bloggers, agencies, and entrepreneurs successfully optimize their PPC, and content/social media marketing campaigns.
- The extensive scope of SEO and SEM features
- One of the biggest keyword and backlink databases online
- Unique content marketing toolset
- Comprehensive competitor research and on-page auditing
- Impressive keyword research capabilities, along with tons of valuable keyword ideas
- Advanced filtering is available
- Stellar link-building, outreach, and local management tools
- Not a newbie-friendly interface with overwhelming data and metrics
- Pricey plans
Launched in 2014, Mangools was called KWFinder and delivered tools for keyword research only. After years of UX and UI advancements as well as broadening the suite of features, the app can currently handle every single SEO task from monitoring rankings and SERP performance to checking backlink profiles and the site’s SEO health. Unlike other alternatives on the market, Mangools allows leveraging premium features even with basic plans for extremely affordable pricing. That’s why, this service is frequently a number-one choice among entry-level marketers and small businesses.
- An all-in-one SEO and SEM toolkit
- Intuitive UI
- Keyword research capabilities are more advanced compared to other instruments
- Outstanding automation for tracking target keywords’ rankings
- Robust backlink profile evaluation of competitors
- Lightning-fast and insightful SEO analysis
- Reasonable pricing system
- Each SEO module has a separate URL
- A relatively small backlink database
- Not a lot of advanced SEO features for agencies and professionals
To make a well-educated decision, users should know what to expect from each tool in terms of feature variety, data coverage, accuracy of extracted stats, and most importantly, value for money. Our pro team has tested both services on the fly to present a full Mangools vs Semrush review to everyone who is dubious about where to invest. So let’s clear things out!
Knowing what words to target is already half the battle. That’s why, keyword investigation opportunities should be the top priority when choosing between Semrush or Mangools. If you enter the Keyword Research section by Semrush, you will see as many as 6 tools to climb up the SERPs and drive more traffic. Only a few SEO platforms can brag about such rich feature diversity for streamlining keyword strategies, which is an evident benefit. With this module, users may take advantage of the following utilities:
- Keyword Overview – It helps determine the potential value of any key term by measuring metrics like local and global search volume, keyword difficulty, CPC, search intent, etc. You may also conduct an in-depth SERP analysis for any required keyword and view keyword fluctuations over the year with Keyword Ad History.
- Keyword Magic Tool – According to our Semrush comparison specialists, this feature is invaluable for unearthing ranking opportunities. It groups keywords on broad match, phase match, exact match, related, and questions allowing constant rich-metric updates on those you flagged as the most meaningful to you. You can cluster keywords based on topic relevancy and use custom filters for finding low-competition and long-tail gems.
- Keyword Gap – Gives you the liberty to stack up against 4 competitive domains regarding untapped organic, paid, and PLA key terms to your strategies.
- Organic Research – With this tool, you can obtain a real-time snapshot of organic keyword performance both on desktops and mobiles. On top of that, detect the most traffic-engaging terms, explore keyword dynamics over time, and monitor how the competition’s organic keywords are doing across SERPs.
- Keyword Manager. Alleviates keyword management efforts via automatically clustering terms into lists of up to 2000 words. You can create such lists entirely from scratch or add up to already existing lists.
- Organic Traffic Insights. As Semrush vs Mangools experts mention, this function provides accurate traffic data on total/new users, sessions, average session duration, bounce rate, and more. Due to integration with Google Analytics, you not only reveal keywords your pages are ranked for but also identify hidden ‘not involved’ ones.
KWFinder is the tool responsible for keyword analysis. Mangools offers functionalities to perform research for the best key terms to target as well as competitor-based keyword exploration. Our Mangools vs Semrush team notes that everything starts with entering seed keywords/key phrases or competitive sites’ URLs here. Whatever type of keyword analysis you select, the end goal is to pinpoint easy-to-rank long-tail terms.
Considering conventional research, you should insert a seed keyword and pick the requisite language and location. After that, the platform will showcase a wide array of keyword suggestions, along with comprehensive insights into search volume, keyword difficulty, CPC, and other metrics. To drill down into the specific keyword ranking potential, you are free to see graphs on historical trends and monthly search volume.
Plus, Mangools is viable for scrutinizing keyword SERP performance. Check out what sites rank high for your target key terms. If marketers yearn for advanced research, they can measure these sites against parameters such as DA, PA, CF, TF, links, etc. In addition, It is possible to narrow down the list of keywords to reach the most relevant ones by applying filters like autocomplete, related, and question-based keywords.
When it comes to exploring the opponents’ keyword activities, KWFinder fast and effortlessly detects keywords for which other sites rank high in SERPs, alongside crucial insights on search volume and KD scores. Tracking both organic and paid key terms across is the feature most Semrush vs Mangools comparison reviews highlight. Similarly to the traditional investigation, use enhanced filters to shortlist tons of keyword ideas from competitors and select the hottest terms for upcoming content. However, unlike Semrush’s Competitive Research tools, KWFinder lacks intricacy and depth. It delivers surface-level stats on paid keywords, along with pretty basic PPC parameters. Meanwhile, Semrush gives a bird’s eye view of the competition’s every PPC footprint as well as their ad copies’ overview.
Are you still hesitating between Mangools or Semrush? We affirm the latter platform to be a clear winner. The reason for that is full-fledged tools with greater granularity, extensive insights, more lucrative keyword suggestions, and advanced filtering options. This relates to both traditional and competitor keyword analysis. On top of that, Mangools comes with capped keyword ideas that can incredibly hamper optimizing keyword strategies.
Link-building might be the most daunting part of the overall site optimization. Rest assured that with Semrush’s Backlink Analysis toolbox powered by the state-of-the-art database of 43T backlinks, so you can build a strong profile and reach out to the most lucrative prospects. Our Semrush vs Mangools team has tried the incorporated functionalities to provide detailed feedback on backlink analysis and link-building opportunities users can acquire.
- Backlink Analytics. This capacity aids in analyzing the backlink profile to find the best-linking prospects. You can filter backlinks by type (text, image, form, frame) or attributes (follow, nofollow, sponsored, UGC). The tool is also useful for inspecting categories of referring domains, alongside their location distribution and authority scores. That way, users may spot sources with a favorable SEO impact on your site.
- Backlink Audit Tool. If you want to keep your backlink profile healthy and avoid penalties, this feature is a must. Attain a complete picture of your profile with a granular Toxicity Score and investigate the value of any link against 50+ metrics. The detailed personalized insights and practical recommendations are selling points of the tool according to many Mangools vs Semrush reviews. Not to mention, flawless and quick harmful backlinks removal with Google Disavow tool integration.
- Backlink Gap. Enjoy a brief overview of all the gaps between your site and up to 5 successful competitive domains in your niche to reveal untapped link-building opportunities. To make sure the discovered link prospects are worth reaching out to, you can gauge them by metrics like traffic, Authority Score, and category.
- Bulk Backlink Analysis. Utilize this tool to save your time and effort within outreach strategies and compare against up to 200 URLs or sites concurrently. Benchmark outcomes on the key metrics as well as extract deeper stats for advanced backlink profile streamlining.
- Link Building Tool. With reference to Mangools and Semrush professionals, this utility will guide you through the link-building process from A to Z. Users may obtain a snapshot of all their linking prospects based on target key terms, competitors, brand mentions, etc. The tool also sets up an email outreach and tracks the progress in terms of active, broken, lost, or rejected backlinks.
Once you compare Semrush and Mangools closely, you will see that Mangools has a single instrument for backlink analysis, Link Miner. Still, it doesn’t prevent it from a formidable backlink profile audit. The most substantial downside of the tool is the missing proprietary link database. So to reinforce users with meaningful backlink insights, Link Miner scrapes info from Majestic’s link database. Another essential thing to mention is the tool primarily emphasizes competitive intelligence for you to reshape link-building strategies accordingly.
To start finding powerful backlinks, insert the competitor’s URL and unflag the option ‘one link per referring domain’. In a moment, the system will introduce the comprehensive dashboard with results on metrics like Citation Flow, Trust Flow, total number of referring domains, and total backlinks. If you want to narrow down findings for more dedicated analysis, the tool allows sorting backlinks on new and lost or applying extensive filters such as dofollow/nofollow, and active/deleted.
Furthermore, plenty of Mangools comparison showdowns stand out the unique metric – Link Strength. It precisely evaluates the power of backlinks on a scale from 0 to 100. That way, you can understand whether a specific backlink will be gainful in the long-term perspective. One more nifty feature is the highlighted anchor text. The tool lets users preview the referring site directly in the dashboard and immediately spot anchor placement. It means you won’t get overwhelmed with numerous browser tabs, which considerably saves time.
When you perform a link prospect investigation, you want to always have beneficial prospects at your fingertips. Just mark the URLs to generate links from, and the Link Miner will automatically add them to relevant lists for further implementation. On top of that, it is possible to craft custom reports based on the requisite backlink audit findings and export them to CSV files.
In the context of link-building potential, Semrush is second to none. Our Semrush vs Mangools team declares the platform gives a holistic overview of your and your rivals’ backlink profile as well as effectively detects toxic backlinks and disavows them. Though Mangools makes waves with its Link Strength metric, it delivers pretty surface-deep backlink data for any site analyzed.
Rank-tracking features are decisive when picking from Mangools vs Semrush since they help keep abreast of ranking dynamics and take required action to dominate the niche. Semrush is famous for its versatile Position Tracking Tool that keeps marketers updated on the site’s ranking performance. It gives a bird’s eye view of how the specific domain ranks for the target keywords. To initiate the process, just type a domain, target key terms, location, and device. The overview dashboard will show lucrative keywords with in-depth stats on visibility, estimated traffic, and average position in no time.
Most Semrush vs Mangools experts note the rich-info Ranking Distribution tab. It reports on keywords for which your domain ranks in the Google top 3, top 10, top 20, and top 100 as well as top paid SERP results. Another brilliant feature is the hassle-free segmentation of tons of search terms with the Tag section. Semrush enables adding up the same key term to various clusters, as much as 5 per one keyword.
In addition, users can define the high-performing landing pages of rivals, along with the profound analysis of top keywords by metrics like total volume, estimated traffic, and average position. A smart Competition Map monitors the ranking performance of domains which you share traffic with. The Keyword Cannibalization function, adored by numerous Semrush comparison professionals, will check if your content doesn’t compete with itself and pitch actionable optimization suggestions.
The tool that deals with tracking ranking progress here is SERPWatcher. Covering roughly 50,000 locations, including countries, cities, and states, Mangools ensures precise local data on desktop and mobile rankings. As Mangools vs Semrush review specialists say, SERPWatcher functions a bit differently unlike standard SEO tools. If you use this functionality for the first time, you can point out a domain and the system will automatically generate key terms to monitor. Besides, users may pick the location, and search platform and enter Google My Business Listing Name if needed. When you are a seasoned marketer, it is possible to track the required keywords by importing from CSV, adding from KWFinder lists, or typing manually.
Whatever option it is, the tool will carefully assess how your site doing for the target keywords and provide insights into the Performance Index, estimated visits, rank gainers/losers, position distribution, and position flow. The Performance Index is the unique metric by Mangools that delves users into the organic traffic potential of their sites. It reveals organic traffic share based on real-time keyword ranks and search volumes.
When comparing Semrush vs Mangools, keep in mind that the latter supports reviewing position/search volume history and SERP preview for any tracked keyword. Not to mention, outstanding automatic email updates on rankings daily, weekly or monthly and the ability to set custom event-based alert notifications.
When marketers compare Mangools and Semrush on the fly, they confirm both are reliable assistants for performing granular ranking audits. Semrush provides a clear understanding of tracked keywords’ progress via easy-to-consume data and charts in reports. Mangools presents a fantastic recap of all key ranking insights over time and by different locations and devices.
SERP Analysis Tools
Reaching the top of Google search results requires devising an SEO plan, which in, turn, is impossible without potent SERP Analysis. Semrush comes with two SERP Checkers – Keyword Overview and Position Tracking – for auditing SERP activities easily and sustainably. Our Semrush vs Mangools comparison dives into all the benefits these two assets might favor users.
- Keyword Overview. The most straightforward way to scrutinize the SERP is the evaluation of KD scores. These extracted numbers will indicate how challenging it might be to win the particular SERP via SEO practices. Semrush is equally valuable for inspecting SERP competitors in detail. Check out the strength of their SEO by analyzing each page’s Authority Score, total referring domain directing to pages, estimated monthly organic search traffic, total backlinks to pages, and the number of keywords and URLs that rank for in Google’s top 100. It’s all possible due to their SERP Analysis widget, which includes all this data in one dashboard.
- Position Tracking. The primary purpose of this feature here is to monitor SERPs for the site’s target keywords on a daily basis. Enjoy complete dashboards and reports unveiling how your site’s SERP visibility benchmarks against competitors. You can audit SERP dynamics for any location across different devices. Plus, it’s possible to monitor different search categories, from flights to shopping ads, with SERP Features analysis.
According to our Mangools vs Semrush reviewers, Semrush has a dedicated column bucketing keywords into the relevant types based on their search intent. There are informational, navigational, commercial, and transactional keywords. That way, you will be aware of your audience’s particular intentions so you may adapt your content strategies responsive. Similarly to search intent, you should take care of local intent as well if you want to climb up SERPs. Semrush aids in analyzing the SERP by actual local packs and optimizing local visibility to resonate with them.
The last essential aspect of SERP analysis is to detect your opponents’ performing strategies/positioning and measure the competition level. Besides the KD score, take advantage of the ability to look through the page titles of rivals and turn their gaps into your strong points.
With SERP Checker by Mangools you can always stay updated on how your specific keywords perform across SERPs, supercharge local SEO, and discover the influence of snippets on the CTR. To begin analyzing the SERP environment within a required keyword, enter it into the search bar, alongside a language and location. The tool will produce an ultimate report with useful insights in a few seconds. You can measure Keyword SEO Difficulty Score and SERP Feature Impact based on the number of results displayed in search engine for the key term.
Aside from the standard metrics like Domain Authority, Page Authority, Citation Flow, Trust Flow, and links, our Mangools comparison team singles out more than 40 special parameters like:
- Alexa Rank: Scores the popularity of the site compared to others. The estimation is calculated on the basis of unique visitors and total page views per visit for a given website over past 3 months.
- Referring Domain: Points to the number of domains referred to the page.
- Referring IPs: Computes the total of referring IP addresses.
In the matter of local streamlining, Mangools includes local SERPs with previews for over 50,000 locations. So there is no need to utilize location-specific addresses to optimize for needed countries, states, or DMA regions. Moreover, the platform allows evaluating your chances of ranking high in SERPs. It gauges organic results engagement within answer boxes, carousels, featured snippets, etc. for understanding how they affect CTR.
Competitive intelligence is noteworthy as well there. You can rapidly detect the weak and strong spots of opponents and find ways to outpace them. Meticulously assess the competitors’ capabilities by different parameters mentioned above. The thing plenty of Mangools vs Semrush comparison reviews ascertain is that all the provided data are conveniently structured from a design standpoint.
After carefully studying Semrush vs Mangools toolsets for checking SERP performance, we clearly see that the first app is the winner. Frankly speaking, Mangools lags behind only quite a bit and delivers stellar features for local SERP optimization. Semrush basically outbeats the competitor with incorporated functions for search intent analysis, added to stunning data coverage depth.
Comparison of Other Features
Before making an ultimate decision, it is worth getting familiarized with other tools both platforms boast. So in conclusion our Mangools vs Semrush showdown, we will quickly go through the brightest features that can take your business to new heights.
- Site Audit. This functionality helps diligently verify the site for as many as 140 technical and SEO issues to elevate Google rankings. It clusters detected mistakes on errors, warnings, and notices. The tool pays attention to the frequency of scanned issues as well and showcases those that need prompt fixing. With this feature, users can check if the site can be crawled and indexed by Google. In addition, Site Audit instantly and efficiently determines loading speed issues, internal linking problems, HTTP errors, and Hreflang implementation bugs.
- SEO Writing Assistant. It’s not a secret that Semrush is remarkable with a content marketing toolkit, and SEO Content Checker is one of the vivid examples. It will enhance your content on the go, making it coherent with the needs of the audience and keeping it highly visible at the same time. Simply type your target key terms and the tool will give a full list of practical SEO improvement tips in view of the top 10 organic opponents. With SEO Content Checker, users can fine-tune their content strategies by refining readability, maintaining the brand’s tone of voice, granularly checking for uniqueness, and paraphrasing or simplifying articles.
- Advertising Research. Powered by powerful advertising exploration mechanisms, Semrush will measure the PPC competitive environment and unearth the main advertising rivals in terms of keywords and traffic. Semrush vs Mangools reviews accent the ability to take a closer look at their budget spend and examples of live ads to enrich your strategies with profitable CTAs, brand mentions, etc.
- SERP Simulator. This capacity lets users view title tags, URLs, and meta descriptions in search results during writing. You can also fare the existing title or description to preview. Checking the length of title tags/meta descriptions and leveraging the ‘Bold keywords’ function are at your disposal as well. The super cool feature with regard to most Mangools vs Semrush specialists is ‘Heatmap’. It effortlessly discovers the hottest points of SERP snippets. Still, keep in mind that the tool provides visualization only, without providing actionable tips, meaning you should make improvements on your own.
- SERP Volatility. Since Google algorithm updates may cause significant modifications in SERP positions, it is pivotal to keep track of them. SERP Volatility Index measures how extensive are these alterations day by day. Plus, users can attain stats on both desktop and mobile SERP volatility and compare the percentage of keywords remaining same positions against the figures of the previous day.
- Browser Extension. With this feature, you can extend the overall toolset capabilities directly in the browser. Verify the domain strength, peep into the keywords of rivals, view the backlinks of the current page, extract crucial ranking data, conduct on-page analysis, and more with the seamless integration of Mangools to Chrome or Firefox.
While specifying Semrush pricing vs Mangools pricing, you might seem that Semrush is an expensive solution at first glance. But looking at what capabilities it offers with built-in tools and features, the price is entirely fair. From entry-level marketers and small sites to established agencies and large organizations, everyone will find the package tailored to their set goals and budget. The platform offers the following 3 packages based on keyword tracking and reporting needs:
- Pro – $129.95 monthly
- Guru – $249.95 monthly
- Business – $499.95 monthly
Before committing to the tool, users may access the features for free in Guru and Pro Plans, which is a nice perk. Besides, it is possible to save up to 17%, when billed annually.
Understanding various investment opportunities and catering to different SEO and marketing requirements, Mangools offers such 4 paid plans on monthly payment:
- Entry – $29
- Basic – $49
- Premium – $69
- Agency – $129
Though the app is affordable even for those who are under budget constraints and supports the free version, it has capped keywords. Moreover, you can meet limitations on site and SERP overviews and competitor keywords there. Regarding the pros, there is a 48-hour money-back guarantee and savings of nearly 35% annually.
The Mangools pricing vs Semrush pricing comparison showdown reveals that Mangools is more pocket-friendly, simultaneously coming with a plethora of restrictions. Semrush might be pricey, especially for newbies. But taking into account that you acquire SEO, PPC, and content/social media management tools all under one roof, it is a real bargain.
Alternatives to Mangools and Semrush
If you have tested Semrush and Mangools within your projects and feel like you need more advanced features, data coverage, or flexible pricing, it is time to look for better alternatives on the market. SE Ranking definitely tops the list of leading SEO solutions. Whatever your focal point is, a straightforward-to-use interface, accomplished SEO tools, or cutting-edge AI mechanisms, the platform will ensure it.
Users can build a successful site from scratch or entirely revamp their existing businesses with an all-in-one toolset. From dedicated keyword research and rank tracking capabilities to in-depth backlink checking and on-page SEO auditing, SE Ranking delivers impeccable optimization to get an edge over the competition. On top of that, this cloud-based platform stands out with its agency-specific functions like lead generation and white-label reporting. The content marketing suite deserves special recognition as well.
SE Ranking is second to none regarding the cost-value ratio. Unlike head-to-head competitors, all its plans are rich-feature and reasonably priced, starting at $55 per month. To make sure the tool meets your SEO preferences and objectives, a 14-day trial period is at your disposal.
To sum up our Mangools vs Semrush digest, both instruments are robust and effective for site optimization. Still, we want to declare Semrush as the winner. Considering the SEO aspects we discussed above, the platform dominates in almost all. Though the interface might seem cluttered with overwhelming data and metrics for those who are new to SEO, it doesn’t negate its precious optimization functionalities. Semrush is better in the keyword and competitor research by leaps and bounds than most market-leading tools and pricey plans are fully justified.
Mangools is doubtless an ideal choice when you only start your way in digital marketing and want a budget-friendly tool. Due to an intuitive interface and versatile features, you can strengthen your strategies even without deep expertise in SEO proficiency. But, at the same time, a lot of limitations can incredibly hamper your business’s online growth.
The choice from Mangools vs Semrush varies from marketer to marketer. There is no universal tool matching all use cases. To make an educated decision, you should determine your objectives and SEO preferences and see how they are concise with the platform’s capacities offered.