Checking site traffic is decisive in getting a holistic picture of the overall site performance across online space. And if you think that your site or brand will be able to grow successfully without in-depth web analytics, you are entirely mistaken. That’s why a robust and functional website traffic checker should come first in your daily SEO workflow.
Such a web traffic analyzer not only gives valuable insights into the quantity of the audience visiting the site and the most traffic-driving channels but also into how you stack up against your top competitors using detailed core traffic metrics.
From tiny startups to large established corporations, everyone can benefit from website traffic estimators to optimize site performance and broaden their marketing vision. Still, with such a tool variety available on the market, picking the platform that best aligns with your needs can be challenging. This post lists the most successful traffic checkers you can use to get an edge over competitors. Let’s explore each tool close-up to make a well-informed decision!
What is Website Traffic Check?
Traffic refers to the volume of visitors or users received by a site within a specific timeline. And measuring different traffic facets is pivotal for successful search engine optimization. This is where a web traffic checker comes into play. This tool or service helps analyze and precisely evaluate the overall site’s traffic performance to deliver viable data regarding the number of visitors reaching the site, traffic sources and outcoming locations, traffic by device type, as well as keywords producing the heaviest traffic flows.
By adding a website traffic estimator to your SEO routine, you will find out what weaknesses to strengthen so you can outperform competitors, raise brand awareness and conversion rate, and discover new keyword/traffic opportunities along with the most effective marketing channels.
1. SE Ranking
SE Ranking is a comprehensive all-in-one platform packed with powerful state-of-the-art features and an easy-to-use interface. Besides giving you a complete website traffic analysis, the intelligent toolkit will aid in tracking rankings, keyword research, auditing backlinks, and assessing overall on-page SEO health. But today, a top priority of our SE Ranking Review is everything related to estimating web traffic. Let’s dive deep into the advanced functionalities in terms of traffic.
The app’s Site Traffic Checker allows marketers and SEO teams of different proficiency levels to carefully investigate traffic data from both organic and paid search campaigns. It allows you to keep track of
- Traffic volumes with the total cost of driving it from each channel
- DT and PT scores to understand the site’s authoritativeness in the eyes of search engines
- The number of referring domains to gauge off-page optimization endeavors
- Specific countries where the site showcases good activity to expand site visibility in those areas
- Winning target keywords and high-performing pages that engage massive lead flow to your niche rivals
- Every keyword search query in view of ranking difficulty, search volume and dynamics, CPC, and Google Ads competition in chosen countries.
The most fantastic perk of SE Ranking is it enables comparison against the competition’s online performance, diligently spying on their strategies to develop more successful SEO and PPC campaigns.
- All-around toolbox with a user-friendly interface at the most affordable pricing
- The most extensive database of keywords and backlinks and proprietary domain score on the web
- Incredibly accurate web traffic estimate
- Flawless keyword research, including a thorough auditing of the target keyword search query
- Includes critical data on digital rivals’ traffic like SERP rankings and historical data, the total traffic cost (organic + paid), distribution by countries, top pages across organic/paid search, and backlink profile
- Agency-oriented, reporting, and content-marketing features available
- Users can access API solely with the Business plan
- The data volume might sometimes be overwhelming
Unlike most alternatives, SE Ranking comes with the perfect price-benefit ratio to cater to the needs of all-sized marketing teams, SEO specialists, and companies. Whichever of the plans presented below you opt for, you can be sure to attain a top-notch quality web traffic analysis:
- Essential – $55 per month
- Pro – $109 per month
- Business – $239 per month
But it’s not the limit. Every user can take a test drive of all advanced features for 14 days free of charge. Plus, the app offers free plan migration and a 20% discount while billed annually.
Considering the power of built-in tools combined with an attractive, flexible pricing model, finding a better platform to estimate web traffic is nearly impossible. SE Ranking goes far beyond the standard traffic site analysis, offering unique functions and impressive business scaling capabilities to help you stay a step ahead of the competition and earn a big industry name.
Though SimilarWeb doesn’t position itself as a multi-purpose platform, it is still a reliable solution for monitoring real-time traffic and market tendencies. By giving an insightful and granular website traffic analysis, both start-up businesses and huge enterprises may skillfully grow brands and outpace competitors.
What makes SimilarWeb outstanding is the possibility to overview country and global traffic in full. Added to the basic engagement stats like pages per visit, average visit duration, and bounce rate, you can explore the site’s traffic breakdown by geographical location with its peak traffic sources.
The Referrals feature enables you to discover which affiliate sites are directing massive traffic to the site and learn the most popular exit points when visitors leave web pages. On top of that, you can conduct a meticulous analysis of the site’s highly efficient paid and organic keywords, as well as uncover the most traffic-driving social channels.
No less notable about the app are its functionalities of Display Advertising and Competitors. Find out the summary of publishers and ad networks used by sites for ad activity and acquire a list of the closest niche competitors and related sites.
- Flawless total web traffic estimate with a strong focus on audience, conversions, and industries
- Nifty comparison tool with the ability to collate sites without having to toggle two screens together
- The audience Insights feature reveals other categories of the audience’s interest
- Suggests new winning topics to write about based on current referral traffic data
- API access and Excel export incorporated
- The website traffic checker lacks other advanced features
- Users need to reach out to the sales team for prices
Our SimilarWeb Review experts claim the software has a convenient pricing system of 5 various Intelligence packs that you can purchase separately. Depending on your digital marketing goals, you can choose between the following:
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Research
The elementary toolkit for newbies is available within the Competitive Intelligence, priced at $167 a month. Getting a custom quote for the rest of the plans requires contacting the sales team, which is a drawback.
If you wish to make the cut in digital marketing and eCommerce, SimilarWeb is an excellent decision among website traffic checkers. Due to stats pulled from different unique sources, including public data and partnerships, site and app owners, users may obtain a comprehensive all-metric traffic assessment to progress at a national or global level.
Ahrefs is another decent website traffic checker which can breathe new life into the business, from small projects and in-house marketing teams to experienced agencies and large enterprises. Through its robust, all-in-one scope of features, it not only delivers accurate traffic and organic search insights but also analyzes competitors and checks backlinks.
Estimating web traffic is swift and effortless with the Site Explorer option. Just attach the requisite URL and start the in-depth audit. Organic traffic search will disclose the keywords your rivals are ranking for and specific pages generating vast traffic. Plus, you can examine sources where competitors gain paid traffic if they develop paid ad campaigns.
To sort traffic reports by year, month, or time is equally simple, even for beginners, owing to a friendly interface. All that is necessary is to provide the platform with the needed phrases, and it will produce keyword recommendations with difficulty levels included for leading content writing and marketing.
Ahrefs also boasts domain traffic checker capabilities for whole domains or particular pages on a certain domain. With this analysis, users receive extensive reports on the site’s DR score, the total monthly visitors, the number of external links, anchor texts, and the domain’s traffic value.
- The interface is straightforward to utilize and navigate
- Veracious data and rapid crawling
- Search traffic estimation for competitors’ pages and keywords
- The ability to track traffic by domains
- Pricey plans and no free trial
- Paid traffic data analysis is limited
According to the Ahrefs Review 2024, the main downside is that software doesn’t offer a free trial period. However, you can try the built-in features for $7 a week to make sure they are worth committing to. Moreover, the pricing is expensive compared to other prominent, versatile tools like SE Ranking, and users with budget constraints won’t be able to afford some of the plans:
- Lite – $99/month
- Standard – $199/month
- Advanced – $399/month
- Enterprise – $999/month
Looking for a robust, up-to-date tool among traffic checkers? Ahrefs is the perfect solution. Besides a deep organic web traffic estimate covering thorough domain checks, users may luxuriate in the powerful backlink, keyword research, and competitor analysis opportunities.
SEMRush is incredibly similar to Ahrefs in its operational functionality and estimating web traffic capabilities. Like the previous software, SEMRush will measure the site’s organic search traffic from top to bottom, including the domain’s performance and top traffic-driving keywords. Still, in contrast to Ahrefs, the vendor offers a generous free trial for a week. Then, users can enjoy a suite of features for content planning, rank tracking, backlink profile analysis, and SEO audits.
The benefit is that you may access the Traffic Analytics tool in both the paid and free versions, where the latter limits up to 10 traffic overviews per day. Analyze the chosen site against parameters like total visits, unique visitors, average session duration, pages per, and bounce rate. Through Bulk Traffic Analysis, gauge traffic stats for multiple businesses concurrently.
When it comes to competitors, it is possible to pinpoint their online activities by crucial parameters like monthly traffic volume growth, segmentation by country, and top-performing keywords. As a result, you will be aware of the hottest marketing strategies and up-to-the-minute trends to implement for SEO success.
- All-around set of tools
- Comprehensive competitor analysis in terms of traffic volume
- Precise domain, keyword, and backlink analytics
- It is possible to monitor mobile rankings
- On-demand traffic reports on audience insights, traffic journey, geo-distribution, and top pages
- To utilize it, a proficient background in SEO is necessary
- It might be expensive for novice marketers
From those who are only mastering the SEO ropes to pro-level users, everyone will be able to estimate web traffic according to their personal needs. Furthermore, tons of other valuable features gradually unlock with each subsequent plan:
- Pro – $119.95 monthly
- Guru – $229.95 monthly
- Business – $449.95 monthly
Though packages are overpriced, the SEO power you get is entirely worth it. Before ultimately deciding on a plan, you can try the Pro and Guru functionalities free of charge for a week.
By going for SEMRush, you will not only empower yourself with a reliable website traffic checker but also obtain a helpful assistant for keyword research, on-page issues, backlinks audits, and designing promising PPC/social media advertising campaigns. To recap the SEMRush Review, despite the variety of tools being less accomplished and the pricing more expensive than that of SE Ranking, it remains a superb solution to streamline the site swiftly and without hassle.
While Ubersuggest is well-known for its impactful keyword research and content marketing planning, its web traffic analysis possibilities are also rather impressive. To estimate traffic from any domain, just enter the URL into the search bar at the Website Traffic Checker tool. You can be sure about the trustworthiness of insights since the platform applies a proprietary marketing algorithm for assessment based on over 60 factors, emphasizing traffic estimated score, keyword ranking, ad spend data, and other variables.
In addition, keep an eye on not only your site but those of your opponents to discover the number of organic keywords they rank for and the total monthly traffic. It is also possible to detect high-performing site pages and keywords. However, the traffic historical outline and keyword ranking data are only accessible with paid plans.
- A user-friendly dashboard and extensive SEO tools
- Affordable paid plans and a free Website Traffic Estimator that allows up to 3 daily searches
- An in-depth overview of pinnacle keywords by country and granular stats on PA score and backlinks
- Presents social media results
- Trouble-free data importing to Excel or Google Sheets in a few clicks
- Useful self-help materials included
- The tool can slow down while processing two reports at once
- The lifetime plan doesn’t encompass new features right now
The best thing about our Ubbersugest Review is a forever free plan. Still, it comes with only 3 daily searches and misses plenty of beneficial functions presented in the priced plans:
- Individual – $12/month
- Business – $20/month
- Enterprise – $40/month
Pick a suitable option depending on the quantity of sites to process, along with the number of searches and domains to track. To verify the package meets your marketing and SEO requirements, test the tool for free for 7 days.
If you are looking for an effective platform among traffic checkers, Ubersuggest will suffice. Its flexible pricing policy and the ability to estimate traffic with limited functionalities will ideally fit those new to SEO. But the built-in toolkit might be insufficient if you need 360-degree site optimization.
6. SEO PowerSuite
SEO PowerSuite is a one-shop stop for enhancing rankings in the SERPs. With its comprehensive suite of tools, the platform is deservedly one of the best website traffic estimators for optimizing online presence.
Using Rank Tracker, users can monitor how well their and competitors’ keywords perform across different search engines. You can also get invaluable keyword and traffic data insights, even from opponents. Look through the granular organic traffic stats of any domain and simultaneously identify the top 100 search competitors in the Competitor Research module.
If you aim to bring more referral traffic and improve site visibility and authority, the Link Assistant tool will handle it. It will compile a list of relevant sites for link building, verify the quality and quantity of on-site backlinks and give actionable suggestions for outreach opportunities.
With Site Auditor, ensure every page is well-optimized on keywords, headers, meta tags, and content to engage heavy targeted traffic.
- All-in-one SEO software with attractive pricing
- Precise real-time data on all traffic aspects
- Vast backlink database to drive high-quality referral traffic
- Customer support and a free trial are available
- Some tools can be purchased separately
- Third-party services integration
- Requires downloading
- Solely yearly plan payment
- Some features require a learning curve
With an understanding of the different investment potentials and needs of estimating web traffic, SEO PowerSuite introduces flexible pricing tiers with the corresponding fees below:
- Professional – $299 annually
- Enterprise – $499 annually
Although you have to pay for the chosen plan immediately for the whole year, the monthly price is a bargain. Plus, users may start with a free account to understand how the toolbox operates. but keep in mind that lots of features are limited there.
To summarize the above SEO PowerSuite Review, this software with pro-level features is no doubt worth committing to. Despite not having a specific web traffic analyzer, Rank Tracker, Site Auditor, Link Assistant, and SEO SpyGlass tools offer powerful functions to increase targeted organic and referral traffic.
Sitechecker sports versatile SEO instruments, namely Rank Tracker, Site Monitoring, Site Crawler, and Backlink Tracker, to skyrocket any business search performance. But the focal point of our Sitechecker Review is traffic measuring. Compared to most alternatives, the app supplies users with a free Website Traffic Checker to get an accurate report on all critical traffic data.
When investigating the specific domain, you acquire traffic stats on two major categories: by country and by source. The first category, the website visitor checker, shows the locations where the audience comes from to the site, while the second one discloses the exact traffic channels like organic search, social media, and referrals. It is also possible to see a breakdown of:
- Total traffic volume over the past 6 months
- Leading paid and organic keywords involving visitors
- Key phrases with which the audience finds your site
- Significant engagement metrics like overall monthly visits, average session duration, average page visits, and bounce rate
The platform is incredibly efficient for competitive analysis as well. By collecting data from similar sites and estimating their traffic performance, you can design more winning campaigns to stay ahead of the curve.
- Easy-to-use and navigate interface
- Unlimited traffic, rank, and on-page SEO checkers
- White-label reporting, mobile rank tracking, and SERP history are available
- Instant notifications option
- Insufficient explanations on issue fixes
- Produces tons of info which are hard to process
Unlike other market traffic checkers, you can find a website traffic estimator free of charge, with full data access. But to revel in the extra features for crafting profitable SEO strategies and outranking competitors, you should select one of the paid plans, which come with attractive monthly prices:
- Basic – $33
- Standard – $124
- Premium – $208
- Enterprise – custom quote
Seeking a credible SEO software to reach the peak of Google? Sitechecker will assist you in doing it with flying colors. Aside from a granular web traffic estimate, everyone from tiny site owners to dedicated SEO teams and big agencies can make their business prominent with the help of its other intelligent features.
When your primary focus is analyzing competitors’ organic and paid traffic performance, Conductor will tackle it with a bang. Thanks to its web traffic checker capabilities, you can discover the competition’s strengths and weaknesses, eliminate threats to your traffic sources, and unearth opportunities to beat industry rivals.
Utilize Competitive Intelligence to perform:
- Detailed search market share audit by category, rank position, location, result type, device type so on.
- A deep head-to-head competitors traffic stats comparison against yours
- Auditing the competition’s organic channel activities in view of top traffic-driving pages, keywords they rank for, and the latest gains and losses
- Exploration of keywords and topics to get an edge across devices and different locations
- Research on defining where your opponents spend ad budget so that you can deploy reasonable ad campaigns
- Local, global, and mobile SEO
- Multi-domain support
- Granular competitive analysis on organic and paid traffic performance
- Excellent report generation function to share competitive opportunities across the organization
- Integration with various web analytics tools
- Helpful and reactive support team
- The interface could be more user-friendly
- Missing position tracking feature over time and backlink management
According to recent info from our Conductor Review experts, the platform doesn’t have fixed-priced plans. To figure out which specific toolset perfectly fits your marketing needs and budget, you should contact the vendor. Additionally, booking a free live demo tailored to business needs is at your disposal.
Whether you are promoting a personal brand or doing it for the good of corporate success, Conductor will facilitate your digital marketing efforts. Amplified with its Competitive Intelligence, which distinguishes it among traffic checkers, users can outpace competitors in organic and paid traffic through value-driven content creation and data-powered decisions.
Seomator is a cloud-based SEO software suite designed to audit and streamline sites for high search engine rankings. Unfortunately, it doesn’t contain a solo web traffic checker. But it still provides valuable traffic-related insights with core tools like SEO Audit, Rank Tracker, Backlink Explorer, and Keyword Research. Innovative web crawling technology will scan all pages to craft a comprehensive report highlighting issues to fix and suggesting improvements.
Rank Tracker evaluates SERP rankings across organic and paid on various customizable metrics like global/local monthly searches, number of competing URLs, visits from Google and other search engines, total visits, and more. Benchmarking the top traffic-engaging keywords to refine SEO strategies is possible in a few clicks too.
The SEO Audit feature showcases how much traffic pages have attracted within the past 30 days. It also detects all tech issues preventing a seamless user experience and, in turn, traffic. The bug analysis takes place for parameters like HTML/social tags, content quality, localization, incoming/outgoing links, resources, external pages, etc.
Build a strong backlink profile via Backlink Explorer and unearth fresh keyword opportunities from competitors through Keyword Research functionalities to obtain potent traffic.
- Extended analytical capabilities
- Competitor audit on essential web traffic estimate metrics
- A free trial period
- Affordable plans for all-sized businesses
- The interface could be more user-oriented
- Limited features in the free trial version
Hinging on the number of projects, users to manage accounts, and results per reports, SEO specialists may pick from the following packages:
- Lite – $49/month
- Standard – $99/month
- Advanced – $279/month
Besides reasonable prices, the Seomater Review can’t help but note a 100% money-back guarantee, which is rare with similar apps.
Due to its affordability and stunning analytical tools, Seomator is one of the most suitable website traffic checkers for novice users. The in-link toolset could be suitable for those looking for holistic site optimization with deeper insights and better improvement recommendations.
Wincher is considered a top-notch keyword rank tracker to snowball organic traffic volumes and advance SEO efforts. It lacks all-in-one features like those of SE Ranking or Ahrefs, but its keyword research capabilities can be incorporated into a solid web traffic analysis.
Users can get a bird’s eye view of the overall site performance and see how different keywords perform, defining the most beneficial for traffic gains. Wincher lays emphasis on discovering new high-volume and low-competition keywords you didn’t know existed to attract quality traffic.
Owing to alerts on competitors’ daily ranking changes and other imperative traffic metrics data, you can always keep one step ahead. To top it off, the software is furnished with gorgeous reporting functions where you may regulate which traffic insights to include both in automatic and manual modes.
- Monitoring ranking positions of preferred keywords on chosen metrics
- Detecting performing key phrases that haven’t been used yet to drive qualitative traffic
- Custom reporting features and instant alerts to maintain keyword leadership
- The ability to integrate with the WP plugin
- Difficult dashboard navigation from time to time
- The toolset is only focused on keyword tracking
- Access to white-label reports exclusively with the Business plan
The Wincher pricing policy stands amongst the cheapest on the market, and considering it lacks advanced core features, it is completely fair. Still, the Enterprise pack is quite overpriced. The following paid plans vary according to the number of keywords tracked, daily ranking updates, and sites to process:
- Starter – $39 monthly
- Business – $74 monthly
- Enterprise – $289 monthly
Wincher is an ideal tool for entry-level marketers searching for solid keyword analysis and precise traffic gauging. While small businesses can benefit from the offered content and SEO optimization, mid-size agencies and enterprises might find the toolbox somewhat weak for large-scale growth and dedicated branding.
All the traffic checkers described above interlap in their functional potential, with the paid tools covering more vital features than the free options. For those who are getting started in digital marketing, free website traffic estimators might be enough, but established companies are better off with all-in-one paid solutions. Also, remember that deciding on the right platform depends on your specific SEO goals and investment opportunities.
However, whether you are developing a site from scratch, promoting a brand, or working for corporate purposes, there are platforms to handle everything successfully. SE Ranking, Ahrefs, SimilarWeb, and SEMRush are the undisputed leaders not only in traffic evaluation but other optimization facets to level up businesses.